1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. speedy611

speedy611 Senior Member

Don’t know about the twilight zone, but very probably!

I had a back and forth with Filson CS about something last week, clothing related rather than bags. My answer was also from Austin Curtis, which makes me wonder how many people they have running CS replies there.

Given the expertise here, we really should be in touch with Filson about a product development panel or focus group.

2. OtterMeanGreen

OtterMeanGreen Distinguished Member

Ha good question. Couldn't agree any more, at the very least a focus group via Skype.

3. speedy611

speedy611 Senior Member

Right. I’ve sent an email to the UK retail head that @TinMan3 and I met before Christmas. I’ve offered our talent as a focus group, and asked the question about what volume would be required for a custom run. We shall see what the reply is...

4. TinMan3

TinMan3 Senior Member

!!! I will be anxiously awaiting responses to both inquiries!

5. TinMan3

TinMan3 Senior Member

To add credibility to their explanation, these bags had the old plated brass hardware on them. So it is very believable that they were not part of a new production run.

I’m sure that what they “found” in there warehouse were unfinished goods. Maybe just boxes of cut leather, twill, and straps. They then just had to put them through the assembly line to have them manufactured resulting in a modern build tag. Btw @OtterMeanGreen I am very impressed with your investigative skills!

6. OtterMeanGreen

Thanks! I try I guess lol, comes from all the experience with that whole "BOYT" debacle lol.

That would totally make sense if that was the case, which we will see "if" she responds (that might be a big IF though :lurk:)

7. speedy611

speedy611 Senior Member

8. OtterMeanGreen

I have something pretty cool to share with ya'll. As many of you know I've been searching for a green Filson cotton webbed shoulder strap for my 266 and have come up empty. Closest I got was the possibility of @mgrennier absolutely hating his from his newly acquired 48 Hour and working out a trade for my new-ish 2010 pre-bedrock leather strap from my 266. Well the wait is over and I now have in my possession a Green cotton webbed strap (from either a 24 or 48 hour). My hero of the day? @GzStudio but of course lol. Does this make me a costumer of his, considering it was a trade haha. Enjoy the pics (as unprofessional as they appear). The bag now carries better than ever and is TONS more comfortable. It looks pretty cool too...at least I think so. Thanks GZ

IMG_0388.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

9. GzStudio

GzStudio Senior Member

Well that was quick. Glad it works!

10. TinMan3

TinMan3 Senior Member

That looks to me to be the new hardware. Does it have “filson” engraved in it? If so what are your impressions?

11. BillJenkins

BillJenkins Member

12. letsi

letsi Senior Member

No problem, thanks for the heads up on this as well. I thought it was a little weird that listing would stay on for so long with all the talon enthusiasts here :)

I suspect you hit it right on the nail on this. Then again, it'll be interesting to see if Filson reverses their decision (which they have been doing frequently compared to past) in the near future.

13. OtterMeanGreen

Good observation, yes new hardware. I like the engraving as my old strap didn't have any Filson insignia on it (to my recollection), so this helps separate this strap from the herd. The cotton webbing is as strong as I remember and also very comfortable (especially cross-body)

14. OtterMeanGreen