1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. TinMan3

TinMan3 Senior Member

Very good to know, and I agree with you. I don’t buy from a company so they can tell me how to vote or give me their opinion on how they think our country should be run, and honestly, I would probably follow a similar path as you have in this case.

I also put myself in there shoes and can respect the fact that they feel so strongly about their beliefs that they are willing to jeopardize business to stand for it. If they lose business, as they have yours, they will have to live with their choice to speak up—right or wrong.

2. speedy611

speedy611 Senior Member

Thanks for being honest and clear. Obviously my intention isn’t to start a political discussion. My own thought is that I see Patagonia (and others such as Whole Foods) as businesses with two purposes, and that may lead to a commercial entity making political statements. I rather admire them for that, but understand that others think they may have crossed a line.

Enjoy your Bourbon!

3. Toombs

Toombs Member

@speedy611 There you go again showing that similar interests cross over.

I also enjoy two wheeled adventures in a slightly different format than yours. A Suzuki DR-650 enduro with panniers and a top bag for back road exploring and camping.

And I appreciate honest and clear discussions.

My bourbon is especially good tonight. Many thanks to all that lurk and contribute to this thread.

~ “May we get what we need; may we get what we want, and may we never get what we deserve!”

4. OtterMeanGreen

OtterMeanGreen Distinguished Member

Similar Interests times 2 (not counting Filson lol).

1. A bike I hope to get this year to feed a strong passion for Adventure (KTM 1290 Super Adventure R)....must be why they call them Adventure Bikes lol. I also hope to join in on one of these exciting rallies too:

2. An old pic of my past collection of Bourbon:
    IMG_4450.JPG

5. mgrennier

mgrennier Senior Member

Ok - in the spirit of "similar" interests, I have about 90 bottles of whiskey in my little collection. Mostly bourbons, many ryes, a few Canadians, an Irish or two and quite a few bottles of Scotch. I also have a bottle or two from Tennessee for, you know, when the kids visit.

I did have a two wheeled passion for a while - 2006 Victory Vegas was my bar hopper of choice. All blacked out - LOVED that bike. Loud and mean looking and just a sweet-ass bike. I'll look for a pic to share. Rode it from NW Arkansas to Sturgis and back in 2010. Was a damn amazing time.

Currently sipping a Four Roses Single Barrel with a big cube in honor of this forum. You guys are a bunch of good dudes and I appreciate the honest banter and the passion for the classic things in life.

6. GzStudio

GzStudio Senior Member

Gifted a bottle of High West double rye, it is quite nice (total newb in regards to good spirits).