Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

To get on the backorder train, the otter 257 I ordered from Glens is on back order until March 2nd as well

2. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Getting a 256. Question about the grip attachment. Is this something I can buy separately or would I have to send the bag back to filson or something-assumign that part of the attachment is stitched to the handle?

3. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

From what I have read on here, I believe you would need to send the bag back to Filson to get the handgrip added as it is stitched on.

4. facet

facet Senior member

I think I also read someone mention that you could order the attachment for $10 or have filson do it for $20.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

5. Northernco

Northernco Member

Hey guys- This is my first post. I've read this thread for awhile now and I own many Filson bags, clothes and gear. I use them all very hard. I decided to join because I found a online Filson coupon that beats ANYTHING I've ever seen. It expires Friday 2/6/12.

Go to Glensoutdoors.com and ANY filson gear is 25% off. When you checkout type in coupon code 'LASTCHANCE' all caps, no spaces. I just ordered a Large wheeled duffel and a Medium duffel.

Though guys like you all could benefit from this. I saved a total of $190 on two bags! Anyway, I'll post more soon of my bags etc. Love all the Filson gear Cheers fellas.

EDIT_ Just saw you've mentioned this sale. FYI- My order went through fine and I spoke to Glens today... It goes until Friday. Plus, you get free shipping.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

6. riton

riton Senior member

omg !! Thanks Facet for the great deal [​IMG] ! I was looking for the 256 in sale and almost when I decided to order it directly from Filson website, I checked styleforum to get more pictures of the briefcase and came across your post. So I got the 256 in tan for 180 USD international shipping included (to Europe). Can't wait to get my hands on it [​IMG]

7. hchan221

hchan221 Member

Thanks for the info !

8. hchan221

hchan221 Member

I'm definitely going to get a 256 but I was wondering what color is more appropriate for office/ corporate environment/ setting? I'm thinking brown. Any inputs?

9. chrisjr

chrisjr Senior member

I've got brown 256 and bring it to work every day. IMO much more appropriate than the tan, though i did give some serious thought to the otter green. I guess it's just preference. I saw both the colours in person but still liked them both. I've been very happy with the brown.

10. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

For "corporate appropriateness" I would rank them (in descending order): brown, green, ... , tan. I have the brown 256 and I am very happy with it as a work bag. I probably prefer the green aesthetically, but it looks a little too "Army-Navy Store Chic" for the office. Brown is perfectly nice and attracts zero notice (which, in this context, is a good thing). Tan is far too attention-grabbing for me to comfortably carry it with a suit on the rare occasion I wear one.

11. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I also agree that brown is probably the most corporate office appropriate, but I went with the otter green anyway. I work at a business casual firm and the majority of employees do not wear suits to the office, so I think it's OK plus I think the otter green may wear better than the brown.

12. hchan221

hchan221 Member

thanks for the responses. i think i will go with the brown [​IMG]

13. facet

facet Senior member

Damn, now I'm getting second thoughts about ordering brown over green. I also thought the green looked a little nicer, initially, over the brown as well; but I also thought it looked a little too "wilderness wanderer" for me. I was hoping that, the brown would look nicer over time as it supposedly fades a little, giving a nice contrast to the leather of the straps. *sigh* Oh well, I'll otter green next time if I buy something else from them. How long have you had yours?

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I've got an extra Filson 256 in TAN WITH HANDLES INSTALLED that that I just picked up. If anyone's in the market for one I thought I'd throw it to the fanatics before I posted it in B&S.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

15. ap10046

ap10046 Senior member

May I please request you for a few filled interior shots?
    Am contemplating this or a small duffle.
    Thanks!