• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, I'm new here, but major props to GzStudio for dealing w/ my bumbling, as well as re-shipping after another mistake resulted in improper address! Thanks for puttin' up w/ me Gz! Excited about that OG 256!
You'll love the 256 and GZ is the real deal....

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the medium duffle has a LOT of range. Maybe overkill for an overnight trip, but beyond that, it can cover a lot of different durations!

The small duffle has the 1-2 night trips covered. I try to use it when I can with the Journeyman:I don't feel weighed down and can move quickly through the terminal but still got 52L of combined capacity! As a point of comparison I once ran through Heathrow Terminal 5 (A to C) with a soft briefcase and a fully loaded large travel bag and it was harder than doing wind sprints up a ski hill.

Hmmm...I am now curious how long a business trip I can go with just the small duffle and the Journeyman.

Hah. I reckon duration depends on efficiency of the hotel laundry and how much non- biz clothing you need, and the assumption that it’s not freezing cold. Wearing sport coat/ slacks / shoes and having one more in the small duffle plus shirts and a casual outfit means you could keep going as long as you wanted - or were able to tolerate the same outfits...

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the medium duffle has a LOT of range. Maybe overkill for an overnight trip, but beyond that, it can cover a lot of different durations!

The small duffle has the 1-2 night trips covered. I try to use it when I can with the Journeyman:I don't feel weighed down and can move quickly through the terminal but still got 52L of combined capacity! As a point of comparison I once ran through Heathrow Terminal 5 (A to C) with a soft briefcase and a fully loaded large travel bag and it was harder than doing wind sprints up a ski hill.

Hmmm...I am now curious how long a business trip I can go with just the small duffle and the Journeyman.

With that setup (Briefcase & LTB) you become the wind rather than the windbreaker. How many tourists with Tumi's did you blow over lol

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got two answers to two different questions (well sorta). One: how does the 24 Hour Patina? Two: how does the Navy Patina (although it's not rugged twill which I really want to know)?

Answers: One = not very well. Two = since it's not rugged twill I will have to say also not very well. Both become dirty rather than the quintessential patinated look.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1) 2.jpg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why does this guy put "Filson" in his title if it's not a Filson....or is it. I was thinking about buying it but have no idea about these things. Apparently they started out as a blog which became a clothing and accessory company, but lasted only 6 years. Not sure I feel comfortable paying more than $100 (which just so happens to be around the starting bid). Gorgeous bag nonetheless, love the leather strap that streamlines down the center.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Archival-C...281381?hash=item1ed575baa5:g:7KYAAOSw5dlaLaa-

About Archival Clothing:
https://www.heddels.com/2016/08/archival-clothing-discontinues-manufacturing-goods/

s-l500 (1).jpg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nevadabob

Reaction score
Who might this little bird be? And that's how I roll......always with an 'almost'....either way, it is very generous and unilaterally welcomed!

I received something similar, and called to say thanks and ask why.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To get people that are looking for Filson to look. Looks like it worked.

HAHA yes looked like it did. But I am a lookin not a buyin...so it only worked halfway.

GzStudio

Reaction score
To get people that are looking for Filson to look. Looks like it worked.

also it could be shear laziness in people hitting the 'sell one like this' button....I get that way too much from people doing that from my listings and copying almost everything, regardless if it applies or not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics