Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. hapax legomenon

hapax legomenon New Member

This sale ends Friday, apparently.

2. LooknGr8

LooknGr8 Senior member

Code still works. Well, at least in my shopping cart this AM

3. R0CKiT

R0CKiT Member

i just got my 256 in the mail earlier today... well kind of.. had to hunt down my USPS guy cuz it was "missent" a day earlier. :-/

anyway... i have a ? i'm pretty new to Filson with my first bag being the Red Label navy blue zippered tote. my question is, considering i just got the 256... aren't they supposed to come with the little Filson padlock? or is it because i ordered mine through UrbanOutfitters i got a somewhat, unofficial version of a Filson Product?

[​IMG]

4. R0CKiT

R0CKiT Member

i just got my 256 in the mail today... well not really... i had to hunt down my USPS mailman and drive to the post office because it was "missent" a day before. :-/

anyway... quick question - aren't they supposed to come with those little Filson padlocks? much apols but i'm kinda new to Filson, being my first Filson bag was the Red Label navy blue zippered tote. i'm sorta a Tumi kind of bloke.

[​IMG]

i looked all over in both bags but to no avail - no lock. perhaps, because i purchased them through urbanoutfitters.com, i've bought an un-official version of a Filson bag? anyway, can anyone give me any update? would gladly appreciate it :-D

cheers.

5. R0CKiT

R0CKiT Member

i think i've double-posted... doesn't seem to post as soon as i hit submit.. but my profile indicates i've already posted a total of 2 posts within the last 10 minutes... haha - what a noob.

6. R0CKiT

R0CKiT Member

what gives? now i see it?! well.. my post about double-posting. my original post is no where to be found... blargh... how embarrassing. well, here's the original if ya'll don't know what i'm talking about:

i just got my 256 in the mail today... well not really... i had to hunt down my USPS mailman and drive to the post office because it was "missent" a day before. :-/

anyway... quick question - aren they supposed to come with those little Filson padlocks? much apols, i'm kinda new to Filson, being my first Filson bag was the Red Label navy blue zippered tote.

[​IMG]

i looked all over in both bags but to no avail - no lock. perhaps, because i purchased them through urbanoutfitters.com, i've bought an un-official version of a Filson bag? anyway, can anyone give me any update? would gladly appreciate it :-D

cheers.

7. R0CKiT

R0CKiT Member

i think i'm having major probs posting... perhaps because i'm a new member and the first couple of posts i had pics of my bag...? meh... whatever the case may be... i still got my ?

do every Filson piece come with the Filson lock? i just got my 256 yesterday and it didn't come with one... my Red Label navy blue zippered tote didn't have one either... so... yeah... should i be concerned? do they typically have a lock on all their products? if not all, which ones?

8. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

My 257 doesn't have a lock, which is fine with me.

9. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

wanna get a 256, but not sure to get tan/otter green. someone persuade me please!

10. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

If you don't have any other filson bags in tan I would go with that color.

11. localman

localman Senior member

I got my Otter Green 257 the other day and am very happy with the color. I've always been an olive green type of guy though so the choice was pretty easy.

If these ads that are targeted at me are true then the glens outdoors code should still be working as well.

12. huskyzealot

huskyzealot Senior member

i've got filson bags in all three colors and my favorite is the otter green

13. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

i have tan, otter is awesome i just wasnt a fan of how the otter fades, thats why i went tan

14. Church's Goer

Church's Goer Well-Known Member

Got a small duffle (tan) a while ago. Really like it and it's great for booting about town, travelling as well as carrying my gym gear etc. I often take it with me to work (full suit) and although it looks much better than my $30 nylon Puma bag, it still doesn't quite go. Perhaps the bag isn't full enough and so looks like I'm carrying around a wrinkled old granny with her clothes off, but part of me is thinking of shelving it for these purposes and going for something leather.

Thoughts?

On another note, was watching Old School the other day and noticed that Frank the Tank had a medium tan duffle bag in it - made my day.

15. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I just called Glen's Outdoor to see if they had any 256s and the woman on the phone said that they don't have any.