Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Hugekebab

Hugekebab Member

Thanks for that, found it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017 at 9:41 AM

2. OtterMeanGreen

OtterMeanGreen Senior member

Based on what I've seen online lately and the QC praises for Tanner, I think I'm leaning more and more towards Tanner Leather for my next 3 belts. Does anyone know for sure the longevity of their quality. I have a $30 Columbia Bridle Leather belt that has lasted for 6 years and still going strong...so i would expect and hope that a $100 quality leather belt would surpass that by a mile. I still have some hope for Filson in that regard but am not holding my breath. I hope @speedy611 keeps us informed on his experience with his Filson belt.

3. OtterMeanGreen

:crackup::fonz: Welcome aboard and thank you for the that question, it's the first one in A VERY LONG TIME ("just wondering if the briefcase could hold...blank"). You have no idea how many times that question was asked and I certainly don't expect you to read through this entire 500 near pages to find your answer. Although I would recommend reading through to learn more about Filson and what makes it so exciting. Some good blokes on what has become the greatest Filson discussion on the internet.

If I had to suggest one I would say go for the Original #256 but instead of spending $325 on a new Bedrock version (with questionable long term quality), I would suggest to search eBay for a Talon or YKK era #256, that is barely used or has a Patina. @GzStudio (if I may) has some amazing one-of-a-kind examples for sale at very fair prices (cheaper or retail equivalent). The guys a real class act and a certifiable Filson pro

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017 at 10:15 AM

4. Soletrane

Soletrane Senior member

I would expect a quality full grain leather belt to last 20 years in daily use with minimal care. Longer if in rotation with other belts. In fact, I have never worn out a full grain leather belt. Only cheaper 'dress belts' from Macy's where it tears at the point you cinch at the hole.

5. OtterMeanGreen

That is some very confidence inspiring knowledge you bring to the table. You would certainly know the difference, as you have stated your positive feeling and advocacy towards Bedrock Filson. I trust your word.

6. OtterMeanGreen

OH I definitely plan on taking advantage of visiting my local Filson outlet to try on their belts and inspect the QC. I am only a 45 minute train ride and a spirited walk away from their NYC outlet. Luckily for me I am more of a fan (aesthetically speaking) of their stainless steel hardware belts. The brass kinda reminds me of those cheap braided leather belts I had to wear in grammar school lol. For some reason they always had faux brass buckles.

7. OtterMeanGreen

That's it you're now on my blacklist, how could anyone chose black over the beauty of Otter Green.............:rotflmao:

Just kidding mate!!! That's the splendor of a Filson, they have a range of colors with their own fanbase built in. +1 on you saying the #257 is awesome...I'll have to agree with you as I have a "close to first edition version" myself.....in Otter Green no-less

IMG_4623.JPG