Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. OtterMeanGreen

OtterMeanGreen Senior member

I almost certain you're right on many different degrees. Yes the current leather quality is definitely up for debate and the longevity of that leather is also a debate question. I certainly don't want to spend all that money on an item that isn't the usual Filson quality that we are use to. I did check out Tanner Goods prior to my search was attracted to the Cognac in Standard with stainless hardware. I was also interested in Saddleback but am not really a fan of the the hardware layout.

Does Tanner offer a lifetime warranty for belts...for that matter does anyone offer a lifetime warranty for belts?

2. Soletrane

Soletrane Senior member

I am happy to be educated if the Filson belts are of higher quality bridle leather than current Filson luggage straps with quality hardware. But I personally don't worry too much about a lifetime warranty on a less than satisfactory quality product (wherein the replacement would likely also have the same quality issues).

Also, I don't see quality belts failing as the construction is so simple. For example, I have several bridle leather belts ranging from J Crew to a London craft market stall - all have been good to great quality leather with no QC issues.

Shopcanoeclub.com has a nice belt in 'natural' which will patinate to a very nice medium brown with use. I have seen some photos of patinated natural belts and the color is hard to equal with dyed leather like Filson, imho.