Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. mgrennier

mgrennier Senior member

2. OtterMeanGreen

OtterMeanGreen Senior member

I agree on the tighter feel of the inside pockets. Obviously due to the heavier 22 OZ Twill over the lighter materials in the Bedrocks. With my #257 I find the shoulder strap to be on the larger side for cross-body carrying, I have mine right in the middle (I'm 6 Feet tall). I wonder if the Talon Era 256's are shorter in size to the #257's Shoulder straps? @GzStudio please chime in on this one??

As far as the keychain lanyard I have no comment, because my talon era 257 doesn't come with one HAHA

3. OtterMeanGreen

Awesome I'm happy for that guy, at least he was upfront with it being a BOYT and not a Filson like that other seller (who was also asking an arm & a leg for it). His price was much more befitting; $88 is an absolute steal for arguably the most high quality Faux Filson

4. OtterMeanGreen

BTW just what in the heck is Pointblanket?? I googled it and only came up with a cozy looking blanket :rotflmao:

5. GzStudio

GzStudio Active Member

I have noticed that the longer straps tend to come with the smaller bags. The larger duffles have shorter straps. I have noticed that I do not get or have the same size strap for the identical bags. I think I have like at least 5 talon 256's at home, 2 257's, and 1 talon 258. I might take a look late and compare...

6. speedy611

speedy611 Senior member

My feeling is there are 2 strap lengths, but I couldn’t say which applies where. I seem to recall the Filson site selling replacements and offering 2 sizes also.
    Certainly my first Filson (258) has a really long strap and I ended up putting a couple more holes in it.
    Is it possible that longer on briefcases was intended to enable cross body, Wuxi is less likely for a duffle?

7. mgrennier

mgrennier Senior member

I just checked the Filson site, looks like they sell them in three lengths. I bought one a few years ago because I didn't like the nylon strap for my 24 hour brief. The woman from Filson recommended the longer one so I bought that one and it was very long - left a lot of extra strap flapping around. I even cut it down a bit but never did like the "improvement" I made.

https://www.filson.com/leather-shoulder-strap-with-pad.html