• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kcherney

Reaction score
after giving my brown 257 an examination yesterday, i noticed how the front/top has faded dramatically as opposed to the back

i don't have particularly good lighting in my house but i'll try and snap some photos in the daylight tomorrow

i think it looks great

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Islander

Reaction score

Dye it black or navy (0) :devil:

could you imagine if it began to rain? :nodding:

In an actual random fashion thought, I dyed a pair of canvas Common Projects sort of a slate blue yesterday. I think that I hit the mixture that Pantafola d'Oro uses on one of their shoes. I'm going to attempt a black overdye today, see how that goes.

@NAMOR, dye your 256! I'm telling you man, it can be done (5)

Have you re-waxed it with that Barbour wax yet? How about some pics?

northerner

Reaction score
Does anyone here own a Filson duffle? I am considering buying one, but i am not sure if i should buy the small or the medium. I will probably use it mostly for weekend trips, so i am leaning towards the small, but if anyone have any pictures or info on how much you can cram into a bag, it will be greatly appreciated.

Islander

Reaction score
Buy a small for weekend trips. I have been trying to decide between the small duffle, the sportsman's bag or the medium travel bag as an overnight bag... they are all about the same size.

Small Duffle Bag 220
18" x 10 3/8" x 11"
Sportsman's Bag 266
18" x 11" x 12"
Med Travel Bag 246
18" x 13" x 11"

There are lots of results in Google image search if you have absolutely no idea how big they are. Medium duffle is great but imo too big for use as a weekend bag:

As for my decision, an airline carry-on was my top priority so I just ordered a Pullman from Glen's Outdoors (great deal, thanks hawaiiguy). I am hoping that having the Pullman in hand to see how it functions irl will make the overnight bag decision easier.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@NAMOR, dye your 256! I'm telling you man, it can be done (5)

Have you re-waxed it with that Barbour wax yet? How about some pics?

a coworker dyed her's green and it looks pretty cool. ill talk to her about it. havent done anything with the tan 256 yet because I ended up buying an otter green 257. Ill use the 257 until i figure out what to do with the 256.

Nice pickup with the pullman. I love packing for trips with a duffle; its much faster compared to a suitcase.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

a coworker dyed her's green and it looks pretty cool. ill talk to her about it. havent done anything with the tan 256 yet because I ended up buying an otter green 257. Ill use the 257 until i figure out what to do with the 256.

Nice pickup with the pullman. I love packing for trips with a duffle; its much faster compared to a suitcase.

Cough cough sell your tan 256 to me cough cough.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Cough cough sell your tan 256 to me cough cough.

haaa, and then what would I do? ill def use the 256 again. the deal posted above is a good deal for a staple item

edit - a couple months back I sold a like new Filson 258 for $175. Ouch. Wish i hadnt

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

haaa, and then what would I do? ill def use the 256 again. the deal posted above is a good deal for a staple item

edit - a couple months back I sold a like new Filson 258 for $175. Ouch. Wish i hadnt

Ha for sure, I'm just (mostly) joking!

TwoStep

Reaction score
350x700px-LL-b3d60ff8_1.jpeg

Crosspost from WAYWRN. Filson 257. 1 year old now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads