Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. marg

marg Senior member

looks a lot like tan. dye lots for fabrics can have some variation. lighting also plays a part.

2. entrero

entrero Senior member

Well here is my Khaki 256

It's too dark to be a tan, too light to be a brown

[​IMG]

EDIT: Also someone else refer to it as Khaki
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ghlight=filson

I refer mine as Khocky, but I'm pretty sure most refer it as Tan

3. hymo

hymo Senior member

I refer mine as Khocky, but I'm pretty sure most refer it as Tan

that's an otter green

4. JOA

JOA Senior member

Selling a very lightly used Filson 258 for anyone interested.

$200 shipped to CONUS. PM me for more info.

5. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

I plan on carry a 15" laptop and a Fuji X100 semi-compact camera - what should I use ? Initially was looking at filson 257 but open to suggestions [​IMG]

6. praguewatermelon

praguewatermelon Active Member

Question: If I send my 256 to Filson to have the handle installed, how long will it take for them to install it and send it back?

7. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

8. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

...I am considering a purchase of the Filson 256 bag...But the colors looks so much different, are they really the same?
    yes, those are tan, it's just the lighting. In person, I personally think it's closer to the second picture.
    You'll notice that throughout this thread, the colors vary significantly. As stated above, it's simply the lighting, white balance settings, monitor variations, etc. While the second pic you posted above is pretty accurate, it will also lighten over time. The color in the following images is also fairly accurate (on my monitor). It's a 257 with 10+ years of use. I picked it up at ebay and the zipper had a small tear (but still closes). Filson wouldn't repair the bag with an X'd out tag but they sent me a replacement zipper for free so I could have it replaced locally. The pics were taken before I cleaned it and conditioned the leather. It's clearly pretty thirsty in these photos but really came back to life with some Obenauf LP. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Mr.Pinchy

Mr.Pinchy Senior member

Selling a very lightly used Filson 258 for anyone interested.

$200 shipped to CONUS. PM me for more info.

Is this still available? What color is it?

10. JOA

JOA Senior member

No, it's already been sold.

11. marg

marg Senior member

got my brown 258 in the mail today. fit everything in, though a tad snug. first impression is that it's an excellent value for the money considering the quality and heft of materials. can't wait to break it in!

oh, and the leather smells fantastic. almost as good as cordovan.

12. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

patrick_b, let's see some new pics! [​IMG]

13. Church's Goer

Church's Goer Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a small duffle to use for the gym, carry-on luggage, and overnighters. Getting tired of carrying around a cheesy sports bag on my way to work in a suit. Does anybody have any insight into the differences between the small canvas duffle bag #220 and the nylon Passage Expedition Small Duffle #73002 (other than the physical differences posted on Filson's site)? My inclination is toward the nylon based on its appearance (and at the moment it seems to be $70 cheaper on its website), but Filson is best known for its canvas luggage. Thoughts?

14. johnnyletrois

johnnyletrois Senior member

I’m looking for a small duffle to use for the gym, carry-on luggage, and overnighters. Getting tired of carrying around a cheesy sports bag on my way to work in a suit. Does anybody have any insight into the differences between the small canvas duffle bag #220 and the nylon Passage Expedition Small Duffle #73002 (other than the physical differences posted on Filson’s site)? My inclination is toward the nylon based on its appearance (and at the moment it seems to be $70 cheaper on its website), but Filson is best known for its canvas luggage. Thoughts?
    I've had the 220 for a few years now and love it. It is a very practical size. I wouldn't get anything but rugged twill from Filson. The Expedition stuff looks cheap. Recently got a 257 and use it for law school. I wear it messenger style to ride my bike or motorcycle to school and it is great. Wish I had it longer so it would be more broken in, but it looks better every day. Edit to mention I used the 220 as a gym bag for quite a while and also find that the 257 stands vertically surprisingly well even when unpacked.

15. Church's Goer

Church's Goer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I might have to see them in person to make my final choice, but I agree that the canvas one looks solid after a number of years. Who knows what the nylon one looks like after some wear and tear.