1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Ha for sure, I'm just (mostly) joking!

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

did you see the brown 256 in B&S?

3. tlfactor

tlfactor Active Member

Awesome man, thanks for the heads up!

4. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Looking for it now.

5. TwoStep

TwoStep Senior member

[​IMG]

Crosspost from WAYWRN. Filson 257. 1 year old now.

1 person likes this.
  6. Islander

Islander Senior member

Nice.

The race is on... 256 in brown is nice, I'm sure one of you will enjoy it :)

I was not sure about the Pullman -- wanted to get away from clamshells -- but it seems like the best way to get the most stuff into the cabin of a plane in an orderly fashion. I like the way they look once they soften up. Apparently they don't make them in brown... would have preferred that to tan but whatevs.

I don't expect the Pullman will function well as an overnight stuff bag, so I still need a duffle of some sort. Small duffle would be ideal as an overnight bag; it is also the only duffle that could be used as a carry-on. Since the Pullman has me covered there, and it would be kind of handy to have something I could check if needed, I'm leaning toward a medium duffle or large travel bag as an overnight/road trip bag that can be checked for air travel if required. In brown, just to mix it up.

Med duffle is like 7" longer than the small, probably a bit big for an overnight bag but maybe the most versatile option for me.

Small Duffle Bag 220

18" x 10 3/8" x 11" 39 3/8 linear inches
    Medium Duffle Bag 222

25" x 14" x 13" 52 linear inches
    Large Duffle Bag 223

30" x 14" x 13" 57 linear inches

/random Filson thoughts

7. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Yeah, I'm just not sold on the brown, which is why it's not an instakop for me. Still leaning towards the tan.

8. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

Thanks for the info.
    I wish I didn't just buy a 256 last month. With such a discount, now I need to curb my impulse of buying another filson.

9. Red Glasses

Red Glasses Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

lookin' good. thats a 257?

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

My macbook feel out of my 257 earlier today; bent the aluminum case. Why? because the macbook was sitting on top of the the charger which shifted all the weight to the top. When I went to pull the 257 out of the trunk of my car, macbook just slide out and fell onto the concrete. I never zip my filson bags ups. So yeah, zip up, or dont be a dumbass like me. I think its time to go back to the 256. Still need my training wheels

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  12. Red Glasses

Red Glasses Senior member

yes it is

13. JonF

JonF Senior member

I had both but ended up selling the small... it was too small IMHO for a weekend bag. Unfortunately, I think the medium is also a little big... but I'd rather err on the side of too big versus too small. I wish they made one in between!

14. northerner

northerner Member

Might i ask what you managed to pack/can fit in the small one, since you think it's too small for weekend trips? I'm also struggling choosing between small and medium.

15. knodd

knodd New Member

Hello guys,

I've been considering getting a filson 256 for daily use to carry around campus. I'm just wondering if any of you have carried the filson briefcase daily with raw denim jeans - i'm afraid the indigo from the jeans will rub off all over the bag, which i don't think would be very nice. In that case, maybe the briefcase in brown would be my best bet, as the indigo stains would be less noticeable (hopefully). Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  16. asdf

asdf Senior member

Indigo definitely rubs off, but how much depends more on the denim than the bag. If you're worried, go with the brown over the tan; it should hide the indigo stain a bit more.

17. kzystylin

kzystylin Member

Hey Guys,

Thinking about getting one of the following 3 Filson bags,

a. Medium Duffle #222
    b. Large Duffle #223
    c. Outfitter Bag - Large #238 (don't know if anyone owns or has seen one in person?)

Will be using this on a daily basis, i do muay thai/kickboxing training after work and on weekends as well and need a large bag between the equipment/change of clothes/etc

Think the medium duffle would just be big enough and large of course will be more than enough but also difficult commuting on the subways in nyc
    Outfitter bag is another option, the more vertical shape might be better for commuting but not sure how it looks on

I wear a suit most days to work so thinking the brown or maybe the otter green.

any opinion appreciated

18. JonF

JonF Senior member

Sorry... I never tried packing anything in it. I'm sure you could fit enough things in it for a weekend if you packed light enough.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  19. plei89

plei89 Senior member

I really need one of these... Do they ever go on sale?

20. Islander

Islander Senior member

Dude that f.ckin sucks, I feel for you. I still have both briefcases and remain undecided. Just used the 257 during a 10-day road trip and it was great. Must remember to ZIP IT UP.

I also ordered a medium duffle, figured better too big than too small. Tan 257 for laptop/books, tan Pullman for carry on and brown duffle for road trips and checked luggage.