Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. BoboMax

BoboMax Senior member

Yeah, it is the actual grip that you see on the handle straps on the 257 bag installed on the 256. Basically an additional piece of leather that makes carrying the bag by the handle straps easier. I had Crane's install one on my 256 and it was definitely worth the 20 bucks.

ah ok thanks. seems like it would be useful but $20 for a small piece of leather =(

2. RangerP

RangerP Senior member

Do you guys know where I can get the 256 for the cheapest price including shipping right now?

$189 at Crane's or is there a better deal that I haven't found out there?

3. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Do you guys know where I can get the 256 for the cheapest price including shipping right now? $189 at Crane's or is there a better deal that I haven't found out there?
    The phone is your friend, call the store.

4. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

5. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

Just checked the price of a 256 at a local shop. $400. Danish pricing is great [​IMG]

6. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Anyone know any good products for the preventing the Bridle leather straps on Filson bags from cracking and drying up?

I use Obenauf LP on the bridle leather on my filson bags. Works great! I recently bought a very distressed Filson 257 from ebay and the leather was very thirsty, dry and starting to crack. I conditioned with Obenauf LP and it came out great.

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Just checked the price of a 256 at a local shop. $400. Danish pricing is great [​IMG]
    I had a good laugh when I walked past guns & gentes, a while back and saw their prices[​IMG]

8. pscolari

pscolari Senior member

Do you guys know where I can get the 256 for the cheapest price including shipping right now?

$189 at Crane's or is there a better deal that I haven't found out there?

Hilton's Tent City has it listed at 189 and there is a 10% of code on their site right now. Occasionally they will list a 15% off code if you want to wait. That is what I did and where I got mine.

9. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

Hilton's Tent City has it listed at 189 and there is a 10% of code on their site right now. Occasionally they will list a 15% off code if you want to wait. That is what I did and where I got mine.

oh boy, this is a very very nice info!! I can just go pick it up since I am around Boston!!! woohoo!![​IMG]

10. pscolari

pscolari Senior member

oh boy, this is a very very nice info!! I can just go pick it up since I am around Boston!!! woohoo!![​IMG]

make sure to wander around every floor in there. It is one of the most amazing places in town. If you are driving make sure to try and avoid it when there is an event at the Garden as it is about 2 blocks from there. Green and orange line are close by if you are using public transportation, ie T.

11. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

make sure to wander around every floor in there. It is one of the most amazing places in town. If you are driving make sure to try and avoid it when there is an event at the Garden as it is about 2 blocks from there. Green and orange line are close by if you are using public transportation, ie T.

haha, thx for the info. i m pretty familiar with the Ts around, since i was at BU for two years. I will wait for those 15% off coupon come up then give a visit to the store.

12. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Anyone know of a Filson dealer in Greater Toronto that carries the luggage range, I want to see the 257 in person before I buy.

13. WaterlooMike

WaterlooMike Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a Filson dealer in Greater Toronto that carries the luggage range, I want to see the 257 in person before I buy.

I believe Nomad carries the 257. Give them a call.

14. Loco

Loco Member

Where can I order from Europe?

15. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

WILSON'S Sporting Tradition Inc. 199 Queen St. East (at Moss Park), Toronto, Ontario M5A 1S2 CANADA

Toll Free 877 347 4460
    [email protected]

Call ahead. Nice folks. They usually have limited stock. As soon as I saw, I bought. Great bag.