1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. travsirocz

travsirocz Member

Yes, this bag does have the bigger leather reinforcement that the D ring attaches to. I can't find the tag with model information. Here is what the bag looked like before I restored it.

[​IMG]

2. Filson Island

Filson Island New Member

Why can't I see images? Did I miss it in preferences?

Just get this instead

[IMG

I am posting one of my own

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017 at 2:33 PM
  3. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Those are the just placeholders for the pictures that used to be hosted here.

4. rezzor

rezzor Senior member

I need some opinions, I'm kind of all over the place. I need something I can carry my computer in and some clothes for constant 2 to 3 day business trips. Ideally would like to dump the clothes off at hotel and use bag during workday. Love the look of the Original brief but obviously too small, is the 48 hour bag the way to go?

Also, is there a go to place for ordering (new) bags?

5. speedy611

speedy611 Member

Rezzor - I had exactly the same question late last year. My answer ended up being the 48 hour duffle. It's pretty capacious and I find the front pockets essential for organization.
    Main body will take suit, shirts and shoes plus a 15in MacBook Pro.
    I use a packing cube and offload clothes etc at hotel. Bag is quite large with just laptop and day stuff, but sits well on shoulder when using the longer handles rather than the shoulder strap.

For reference I considered the sportsmans bag/ excursion bag which I concluded to be too boxy and the small duffle which was less easy to organize things in. I didn't consider the small Pullman because I have the large version and wanted something different. Padded computer bag might be a candidate but isn't really large enough- this is in fact my day to day bag and it only really manages computer, lunch and a pair of shoes. It copes with an overnight but not more.

Hope this helps. I really like my 48 hr. Tin cloth is lighter to carry and patinas nicely and the bag just looks good and well proportioned. My only change would be a pocket on the back rather than the luggage handle loop, but that's minor.

Here is a quick packing dump pic. Poor quality but you get the idea.

IMG_1905.JPG

6. rezzor

rezzor Senior member

Thanks Speedy, exactly this info I was looking for!

7. theboywholived

theboywholived New Member

Just curious, how many Filson bags do you guys own? Ever since I bought my first Filson 5-6 years ago I can't seem to stop adding to my collection.

8. speedy611

speedy611 Member

Many. Quality is addictive.

Pullman - car and train travel
    258 computer bag - daily briefcase
    Large duffle - for checking in
    Medium field bag - various and when don't need laptop
    Tin cloth backpack - motorcycle
    48 hr duffle- 2/3 day trips with laptop
    Small Dopp kit

4x vests
    Tin cruiser