• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
257 arrived and it is glorious.

Photo won't upload so will put one up later.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

QFT- I have the 258 and have been toying with the idea of the 252 for more than a couple of years. Have done well so far resisting but then again like I tell the satellite sites that I travel to coming from "the mother ship (Foundation)" resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.....

Resistance is futile. I have a couple of 252s for $699.00 each. Filson prices are going to do nothing but keep going up. I would guess the 252 is going to retail for a grand next year. I'm really tempted to take one home before things are out of hand.

milw50717

Reaction score

Resistance is futile. I have a couple of 252s for $699.00 each. Filson prices are going to do nothing but keep going up. I would guess the 252 is going to retail for a grand next year. I'm really tempted to take one home before things are out of hand.

Which style lock - old or new ?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which style lock - old or new ?

I believe new style since these were brought in for Christmas. I'll have a look on Thursday.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crane's you should take one home!! The military exchange has started carrying some Filson items and I can get it for a really almost stupid low price. I just had to go and look again to see if it was on sale like earlier this year and ended up purchasing another Mack wool vest so the least you could do is spend some money and get yourself that case for Christmas
nod[1].gif
And I wish you and the family a good one!

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok so new 257 pics (there are many like it, but this one is mine):

Family Shot (L-R "The Black Hole" aka the Pullman, 257, beat to hell zippered tote):

Last edited:

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crane's you should take one home!! The military exchange has started carrying some Filson items and I can get it for a really almost stupid low price. I just had to go and look again to see if it was on sale like earlier this year and ended up purchasing another Mack wool vest so the least you could do is spend some money and get yourself that case for Christmas 
nod%5B1%5D.gif
 And I wish you and the family a good one!

Thanks CI, from me and mine to you and yours have a good one too. A nice bridle leather briefcase is very tempting indeed. I'll have to gather up a few things and see how it all goes together.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today and tomorrow Brooks Brothers has Filson at 25% off plus %15 off at checkout for 40% total discount. Just ordered the leather and stainless flask and the Filson Umbrella. Limited selection of Filson items but a number of bags are available. Merry Christmas.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today and tomorrow Brooks Brothers has Filson at 25% off plus %15 off at checkout for 40% total discount. Just ordered the leather and stainless flask and the Filson Umbrella. Limited selection of Filson items but a number of bags are available. Merry Christmas. 

I have an umbrella. I like the way it looks but you have to stay on keeping it waxed up for best results. I've been eyeing a flask for the last 2 weeks or so. I can think of many situations where it would be good to have one handy.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on waxing Crane's. I'll be ordering some from you in a couple of months once this "white rain" stops coming down! I ripped out the rear seats in the back of the access cab less than a week after I bought it and built a platform to hold the dog and when he isn't aboard it holds a few of my Filson bags, and the envelope net that functions as a dog divider and also stores my Filson and other hats.

Under it I store my guns when going to the range or hunting. 6 months of the year I also carry the expandable snow brush under there. Figure the other 6 months of the year would be perfect for stashing the Filson Umbrella.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty good setup you have there. I'm thinking about getting something like a Jeep or Land Cruiser and doing something along the same line.

tlcc

Reaction score
I was able to grab a 257 in otter green for $154 on W Concept. Before the sale ended. Love this site!

milw50717

Reaction score

That's a pretty good setup you have there. I'm thinking about getting something like a Jeep or Land Cruiser and doing something along the same line.

Soft-top jeeps are a pain security-wise and you really do need something like this for guns, valuables, family heirloom bags, etc. Fortunately, there any good ideas both off the shelf and DIY out there.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soft-top jeeps are a pain security-wise and you really do need something like this for guns, valuables, family heirloom bags, etc. Fortunately, there any good ideas both off the shelf and DIY out there.
I totally agree with this. Coming from milw50717 doesn't surprise me though.

My first 4 wheel drive a 77 Iron Pig FJ55 Landcruiser purchased in 1980 in the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State.

Got married in mid 80's and it was the first thing to go, she called it the beast. Since then have owned trucks until my last vehicle which was an Xterra. Trucks have longer wheelbases so are not quite as capable off road. All my rigs have been smaller or midsized so I don't ride in the ruts created by full sized vehicles and have better off road handling in the woods. I missed having a truck so 4 months ago traded in the Xterra on a Tacoma Baja T|X Edition.

Toyota has made 700 a year for the last couple of years, 2014 is not yet known. Hand tuned suspension 3-in. diameter race springs over 60-mm custom valved Bilsteins give 2” lift in front, 1” in rear and remote reservoir shocks. BFG T/A KO Tires on TRD special edition beadlock (faux) wheels. Stainless TRD exhaust (cat back).

A.R.E. MX topper with carpet and windoors both sides. Viper 5706 remote starter and alarm with SmartStart (android). Added front end protection with a modified bar from Brandon at Avid Off Road in Az., also had him make me a rear bumper guard. Dumped the chrome grill surround and replaced with a color matched one and a mesh grillcraft grill for road hazard protection. And of course a Landcruiser Toyota emblem for a facelift.

Custom made rock sliders from Adam at 4xInnovations in Wi. offset at 0 degrees and welded expanded steel mesh as filler plates for the dog to step on. And kickouts to offer a bit more rocker protection and guard the the bed corner posts.

Wet Oakie heated seats, maple and oak bench platform that I built, Ultragage, and still working on it. Haven’t even started on the sleeping\expedition platform in the bed with slide outs. But when I do I will build a pocket for the Filson flask I just ordered
smile.gif

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jeep as in Grand Cherokee or J40. I knew I shouldn't have gotten rid of my Ram 2500 turbo diesel 4X4.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads