1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. OCAlan

OCAlan New Member

New here, but looking to pickup my first Filson bag soon. Can someone tell me which bag is on the right, next to the small duffle in the picture? I saw it in person really quick so I snapped a picture but didn't have time to look in detail. I looked all through Filson's site but couldn't find it, looks almost like a small carry on to me, but it has full length zippers going all the way down.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. vestbash

vestbash Senior Member

Filson 242
    http://www.unionmadegoods.com/filson_Large_Carry-on_Bag_242_2113.html

3. tim y

tim y Member

Here is a pic of the Otter Green Rucksack that was requested. I put it next to my Tan 258 for perspective. I'm actually the second owner of the rucksack, and it needed some work when I got it. Cleaned it, gave it a beeswax treatment (got this advice directly from Filson) and then saddle soaped and oiled up the leather. The leather treatment really helped. Night and day from when I received it. Good for another lifetime.

[​IMG]

4. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior Member

[​IMG]

Just got my Med Travel Bag in.. family shot time!

Interesting that my 256 and 246 are both tan yet look so different. The 256 is about 2 years old and has a nice patina (can't tell from this photo though!)

5. Crane's

Crane's Distinguished Member

From Cranes Store.

6. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior Member

Sorry, I've been on a little SF hiatus... has the iGent groupthink now extended from what we buy to where we buy it? Has our fetishization of stuff extended from posting photos of unused bags, right past leaving the tags on, all the way to carrying around our bags inside the bags of the store where we bought them so that the rest of the iGent community knows we bought them at the right place? As I said, I've been away for a while. Someone please fill me in so I can be a good little follower. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

7. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior Member

I think he meant "determined by SF members to be the best combination of cheapest (e.g. SF Discount)/least aggravation/Affiliate status".

8. gnu

gnu Senior Member

^oops, I thought by SF he was saying San Francisco.

9. milw50717

milw50717 Senior Member

How old is the 252 leather briefcase ?

10. milw50717

milw50717 Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

11. Crane's

Crane's Distinguished Member

That's possible. They're going through some major changes these days. I think we might have one of these in stock. Dave has one and loves it. It's been on my list for a while now. I've just put off getting it since I have no real travel plans that I can't cover with what I already have.

12. OlafG

OlafG Senior Member

What do you guys think of the new Large Twill Carry On? Looking to pick up one as I always wanted the Pullman, but it's too big.

13. hooker4186

hooker4186 Distinguished Member

Brooks Brothers family sale is on, 25% off everything including a decent selection of Filson.

14. milw50717

milw50717 Senior Member

That is for sure. It would be interesting to see the changes in their catalogues over time.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

15. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Distinguished Member

Just grabbed the Computer Briefcase for $75 off so the 25% deal is definitely working.