Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. JeffRisk

JeffRisk Member

Thanks for sharing this thread.As far as I understand you have to clickthru the cashback link on Bing and finish your purchase during that browser sesssion to get credit. Contact the retailer as they're in charge of reporting Bing refered sales with this application, if you did this

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Well with tax it comes out to $108!

3. papa kot

papa kot Senior member

Yeah, what were they thinking? You have not one, not two but three straps in the front, a canvas shoulder strap without a pad, and long handles.

I wonder if Filson has a field testing department...

4. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Gross.

5. althanis

althanis Senior member

That's really disgusting.

6. nickwjd

nickwjd Well-Known Member

Looks like all the bags at TheClymb are sold out. :-/ Was thinking of getting a zippered tote as my first Filson. Anyone know if TheClymb tends to restock these?

Else I'll probably settle for getting it from UO as they still have it, albeit at a higher price.

7. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

what a sick bag, its got all the compartments i could possibly need. So utilitarian. :foo:

8. Santi Se

Santi Se Member

I have the Medium Field Bag, and use it almost daily, but now sometimes need to carry the MacBook Pro 13.3"

I'm wondering if the Carry-on Bag-Small (240) should fit?

Or maybe the Rugged Twill Messenger Bag (025)? (no info on dimension from Filson web-page)

THANKS! :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  9. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Looking at the Filson Catalogue the Rugged Twill Messenger is 14"W x 11"H x 4"D.

Edit - Online Filson Catalogue can be found linked off this page - http://www.filson.com/fil/shop-digital-catalog/ - and can be downloaded as PDF.

10. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

They didn't have one in the Seattle store when I visited, otherwise I would have given it a quick look, but I believe that the three straps also have snap closures at the top, which would be faster than the buckles.

11. Santi Se

Santi Se Member

THANKS much!
    14" seems a bit too tight for the 13.3" MBP

:)

12. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

How about the new Game Bag Messenger shown below - 18"W x 11"H x 12:D - or maybe a 256 or 257 briefcase ?

[​IMG]

13. Santi Se

Santi Se Member

A bit too big. I have the 258. But for daily use, I carry two cameras, and bag like Medium Feild, with no internal compartment works better for me.
    THANKS!!

Looks like I'm looking for the Small Carry-on

:)

14. ninad

ninad New Member

There may be better deals out there, but I just got a Navy Original Briefcase for $173.6 from Revolve Clothing (using their 30% off for first time buyers promotion). The process was relatively painless: I placed the order and requested a refund via the insite Chat Support option. The email for the refund was issued in minutes. I also confirmed that this offer cannot be used in combination with other codes. Sales Tax for CA residents only.

I would like to thank all the contributors to this thread - I have lurked here for a while and read many discussions re. the various models and was happy to be making an informed purchase. I am looking forward to my new bag!

15. nickwjd

nickwjd Well-Known Member

ninad: That's not a bad deal, will have to remember that site if I ever decide to get a 256 as well.

I've just ordered my first Filson, a red label zippered tote in navy. Will be using this for my frequent weekend trips and perhaps anytime else I need to carry some misc items for gym, etc.