Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Well-Known Member

I see that The Best Things still has their Filson overstock listed. It still has the old prices and is being cleared out at 20% off with free shipping. I bought my 257 from them and it was a good transaction. There isn't a wide selection but some good stuff.

Chad

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

how did you score the UO filson 256? when i check almost 2 weeks ago it was sold out

3. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Some new stuff in the latest Filson catalogue including a new large carry on bag (70081) that looks quite interesting. More like a larger briefcase than a field bag. Will check it out next week.

They have also introduced a new slimmer fitting for their jackets, the 'Seattle Fit'. Let me the first to say that I am the traditional 'Alaska Fit'

4. papa kot

papa kot Senior member

Got a 70258 (computer padded bag) today. Overall, I am highly impressed with the quality of the bag. However, I do want to exchange it for a similar bag without padding, 70257. I cannot understand why anybody would introduce pockets that do not have bottoms...

5. swordbeard

swordbeard New Member

hey all. since i literally went through this entire thread leading up to buying my 258, i figured i would post some pictures back:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

in the last pic, it's loaded up with 2 textbooks, laptop/charger/mouse, external hdd, a couple changes of clothes, a big set of headphones (audio technica ath-a700), a belt tucked into the back pocket, and a bunch of misc. small stuff in the front zipper pocket, with the coat on top secured by the handles. it could easily fit a bit more, but not too much (maybe a small paperback or two and a bottle of whiskey in a side pocket, and probably even more in the front/back outside pockets). definitely heavy on the shoulder (or arm), but not as bad as i would have guessed, and it's really comfortable to carry. i'm still experimenting with the strap length.

one thing i couldn't find an answer to that i was looking for before i bought it: yes, the dividers in the main compartment can compress out of the way if you want to store something wide in it. maybe this is obvious, but i didn't see it.

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]looks way better in person, though. none of the pictures in this thread really do it much justice. the zippers are huge, and "otter green" is fantastic (i was worried about it looking too much like an army green but it's not). i think i don't even have to say how sturdy it feels.[/FONT]

6. thechad1215

thechad1215 New Member

Longtime lurker joining the forum just to mention a deal: theclymb.com has a bunch of filson gear fairly steeply discounted including a red 257 for $140. They've also got a large wool duffle priced at $270.

Really appreciate this thread--snagged that giltcity deal a couple of weeks ago. :)

-Chad

7. thechad1215

thechad1215 New Member

(I hope this doesn't get posted twice...)

Longtime lurker joining the forum just to mention a deal: theclymb.com has a bunch of filson stuff fairly steeply discounted this week including a red 257 for $140. There's also a large wool duffle priced at $270.

Really appreciate this thread--I jumped on that visa/giltcity combo a couple of weeks ago. :)

-Chad

8. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

good deals on theclymb.com, small field bag are out... grabbing the medium one.

9. milesbeyond

milesbeyond Well-Known Member

Anybody know of a valid coupon code? Considering the Red Label green tote but shipping kind of kills it.

10. stonedx

stonedx Member

thanks for the deal! bummer that the tote bags are sold out.

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Nice. Bought for $99 and selling for $210. God bless the free market :)

America, FUCK YEAH!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013

12. althanis

althanis Senior member

It says $210 though...

13. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

So, the new tote briefcase ...

[​IMG]

.. I'm thinking impractical and fugly.

14. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member