• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

GzStudio

Reaction score
Since I’ve dragged you all through the search for the perfect dad bag, I think it’s only appropriate to let you all know, my little son is here! He’s pretty perfect if you ask me, and he’ll definitely be a Filson man ;) I didn’t bother with the dad bag since they give you everything you need at the hospital but I still took my briefcase and medium duffle. It was quite the experience and we are now home settling into our new way of life.

View attachment 1663908 View attachment 1663909

Congrats! That looks like Prentice downtown. My oldest was born there (almost 11 years ago....) It's a ride, let me tell you. Happy everyone is healthy.

thewinedown

Reaction score
Anyone here interested in a brand new, never used tan rucksack? Ordered for the gf but it turns out she doesn’t like the look and it’s comically large on her. Happy to provide all the pics you want. Shoot me an offer.

sindrearg

Reaction score
I will keep bothering you folks till I find what I'm looking for!

I'm in the search for a couple of items from the Filson x Magnum collection.
"Photographer's backpack" & "Camera field bag".

Both preferably in OG, but tan works as well.
Best possible condition, something in the line of "as new".

If you got one collecting dust or just laying around, hit me up with a message!

20210923_134552.jpg

heq206

Reaction score
Hey all. I know this topic has been addressed before, but thought I'd ask instead of trying to read through hundreds of pages trying to find a general answer/consensus on whether or not leather wrinkling on only one side of my 256 bag is normal?

I bought the bag in December 2017 (date code is: 0817). I was using it as an EDC until the pandemic and have rarely used it since March 2020.

The leather straps on my bag are wearing unevenly and the backside leather strap is very wrinkly. However, on the front side strap (away from my body when I carry on my shoulder); the leather looks great. I did not apply HDLP or other leather conditioner prior to using, but I have applied it maybe 1 or 2 months after first use once I noticed the wrinkling. I've been applying condition at least yearly since.

• Should I have applied HDLP to leather (to both sides: skin and under) prior to using?
  • Or is this common with newer bags (2015+)?
  • Or could the wrinkling/waffle wear have been caused because that strap rubs against my body when bag is slung on my shoulder?

Attachments

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.