• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy to help feed the addiction. I didn't end up making the purchase. I've got a mackinaw red 260 and a tan 261 with an 11/09 build date, so I couldn't justify the purchase. Awfully tempting though! I'm holding out for the large travel bag in navy...

I’m not positive if I’ve ever seen an LTB in Navy before. The MTB I’ve definitely seen in Navy, I’ll keep an eye out otherwise.

I also passed on the very cheap Totes, which strangely enough doesn’t feature the same “260/70260” build numbers. They’re listed as 20189186. Besides not being a huge fan of the colors a minimalist only needs one Tote, and I am still quite smitten with my 1994 Build Date #260

845C962C-9159-47F8-831B-424C0CD0E108.jpeg

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to the Seattle flagship, both NY Stores, London store, both Dallas area stores, Austin and Detroit, plus the Minneapolis outlet. The Seattle flagship and the main New York store are the most similar except that Seattle has the factory attached to it, which gives it a leg up, IMO.

I'd prefer the Seattle store especially if we could do a custom FRD session. That would be crazy good although I don't need anything else at the moment (I mean seriously, how can I travel with my 6 Filson bags?) (or is it 7?)

We could also include a trip up to the Seattle outlet store (not in Seattle but close-ish).

Who's going to pick a weekend?

I’ll need a heads up because I am totally driving to Seattle. A. I’m not about to wear a mask for 5 hours on a plane. B. I’ve never driven across the US and I’m dying to take one, especially on the famous Route 66. It’s a bit out of the way to Seattle but oh well. Plus I can finally take a drive on the Pacific Coast Highway.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New acquisition for me, and one that I will hopefully have for decades to come. As I stated previously I listed (now sold) my Tanner Goods Natural Tooling Leather Belt. It just wasn’t working out for me and I simply wasn’t wearing it. Luckily I was able to get $56 for it and I applied that to a very familiar company

Ashland Leather in Natural Horween Chromexcel Leather with solid brass hardware.

97750DA7-F146-4BF4-8628-AF5418146897.jpeg

With a generous and rare 25% off I pulled the trigger and couldn’t be happier. It’s very thick but also incredibly smooth and pliable.

B0EE0693-3A30-4B21-ABE7-43F49FD1A91A.jpeg

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll need a heads up because I am totally driving to Seattle. A. I’m not about to wear a mask for 5 hours on a plane. B. I’ve never driven across the US and I’m dying to take one, especially on the famous Route 66. It’s a bit out of the way to Seattle but oh well. Plus I can finally take a drive on the Pacific Coast Highway.
I live just a few minutes away on Route 66 as it goes through the St. Louis area.

linablair

Reaction score
I’m not positive if I’ve ever seen an LTB in Navy before. The MTB I’ve definitely seen in Navy, I’ll keep an eye out otherwise.

I also passed on the very cheap Totes, which strangely enough doesn’t feature the same “260/70260” build numbers. They’re listed as 20189186. Besides not being a huge fan of the colors a minimalist only needs one Tote, and I am still quite smitten with my 1994 Build Date #260

View attachment 1537586
Beautiful tote, Otter.

Thanks for keeping an eye out. I've had a crack at a few of 'em but was married at the time and my ex wasn't a fan of spending the money on it. My brother bought a tan large travel bag in 2009 or so when he was visiting me up in Marquette. We both agree that the function of it is so much better than the Pullman's design, with one side being deeper than the other.

Here's a pic of his from Thanksgiving - just a quick snap as we were loading up his truck. It's been all over the country with him, as he works as a millwright and traveled to Nebraska, Utah, Georgia, etc. Now he's married with kids and uses it on every trip they take. I've offered several times to help him get it sent in to be repaired, but he won't let it out of his sight... probably afraid I'll borrow it. :)

IMG_157D91DE7323-1.jpeg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful tote, Otter.

Thanks for keeping an eye out. I've had a crack at a few of 'em but was married at the time and my ex wasn't a fan of spending the money on it. My brother bought a tan large travel bag in 2009 or so when he was visiting me up in Marquette. We both agree that the function of it is so much better than the Pullman's design, with one side being deeper than the other.

Here's a pic of his from Thanksgiving - just a quick snap as we were loading up his truck. It's been all over the country with him, as he works as a millwright and traveled to Nebraska, Utah, Georgia, etc. Now he's married with kids and uses it on every trip they take. I've offered several times to help him get it sent in to be repaired, but he won't let it out of his sight... probably afraid I'll borrow it. :)

View attachment 1537900

Oh that’s what you’re taking about. Gotcha! They definitely offer that in Navy because I too almost pulled the trigger on a few. The bag your brother has is the #70081 Large Twill Carry On. It replaced the Large Carry On #242. The Large Travel Bag is the one I am searching for in Otter Green (Talon of course). It’s designation is #248.

BD0ECF85-D773-4825-87AC-52A9A7D8299C.jpeg

linablair

Reaction score
Oh that’s what you’re taking about. Gotcha! They definitely offer that in Navy because I too almost pulled the trigger on a few. The bag your brother has is the #70081 Large Twill Carry On. It replaced the Large Carry On #242. The Large Travel Bag is the one I am searching for in Otter Green (Talon of course). It’s designation is #248.

View attachment 1537942

YES! Thank you for the correction, Otter! Thanks for offering to keep a lookout for one. :)

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YES! Thank you for the correction, Otter! Thanks for offering to keep a lookout for one. :)

No problem! I agree with you though, carries much better then the Pullman or #242 because of the shoulder strap mounting points and the fact that all of the interior storage is on one side. As @Soletrane has stated multiple times, the #242 carries much better in the hand with its chunky leather hand strap and how it’s mounted to the Twill. The Pullman and #242 do offer that quintessential Filson timeless look, so there is a trade off.

linablair

Reaction score
No problem! I agree with you though, carries much better then the Pullman or #242 because of the shoulder strap mounting points and the fact that all of the interior storage is on one side. As @Soletrane has stated multiple times, the #242 carries much better in the hand with its chunky leather hand strap and how it’s mounted to the Twill. The Pullman and #242 do offer that quintessential Filson timeless look, so there is a trade off.

Agree about the carry points as well. If I remember right, the interior of the navy large twill carry on is tan, which makes finding things easier against a lighter background. If I ever find one, I'll just have to decide whether or not I get rid of the navy large duffel or the tan small pullman I have... or keep 'em all.

singjai

Reaction score
I actually got rid of my 242 because I didn't like how the shoulder strap carried lol.. The MOB I have is much more practical.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree about the carry points as well. If I remember right, the interior of the navy large twill carry on is tan, which makes finding things easier against a lighter background. If I ever find one, I'll just have to decide whether or not I get rid of the navy large duffel or the tan small pullman I have... or keep 'em all.

Everyone eventually needs a Duffel but not a Small Pullman, so I say keep the Large Duffel and sell the Small Pullman for funds. That’s why I sold the MTB, because once I have the LTB in hand I would have no use for it, and a bag without a purpose is a sad bag. :(

FilsonDude

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads