• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nevadabob

Reaction score
There's some interesting new stuff showing up on Filson's site. The denim cruiser is on my list for sure!

2760605F-5EDD-4461-A26C-60B7B64982B3.png 235891F8-A953-4A44-A8DD-FC246AF39A62.png

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's some interesting new stuff showing up on Filson's site. The denim cruiser is on my list for sure!

View attachment 1487293 View attachment 1487294
Woah. That denim cruiser is insanely awesome. (I don’t need it, I don’t need it, I don’t need it). I think I’m going to have to get one. lol

I’m also digging the Hemlock green color with the lighter leather. Not too fond of the “Flag Blue” but interesting nonetheless.

nevadabob

Reaction score
I think having a Filson tag on the outside of the bags is new, too, right?

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
I think having a Filson tag on the outside of the bags is new, too, right?

Yes. Reminds me of the Nanamica bags too. Or, the Ducks Unlimited they recently launched. I agree. That hemlock and lighter leather really does it for me.

Samgoody

Reaction score
Woah. That denim cruiser is insanely awesome. (I don’t need it, I don’t need it, I don’t need it). I think I’m going to have to get one. lol

I’m also digging the Hemlock green color with the lighter leather. Not too fond of the “Flag Blue” but interesting nonetheless.

Another +1 on the Denim Cruiser. That looks fantastic. It pains me I am unable to fit into Filson clothes. Even their "Seattle Fit" (RIP) was tent-like on me.

I just noticed this Filson fanny pack for the first time. I'm sure there's probably some legitimate way outdoorsmen are using this piece, to carry shotgun shells or whatever, but I instantly pictured some suburban Filson Dad™ like me using it to carry his kid's chapstick at Disney World, feeling reassured he has some rugged Tin Cloth involved in his outing.

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 7.54.24 AM.png

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another +1 on the Denim Cruiser. That looks fantastic. It pains me I am unable to fit into Filson clothes. Even their "Seattle Fit" (RIP) was tent-like on me.

I just noticed this Filson fanny pack for the first time. I'm sure there's probably some legitimate way outdoorsmen are using this piece, to carry shotgun shells or whatever, but I instantly pictured some suburban Filson Dad™ like me using it to carry his kid's chapstick at Disney World, feeling reassured he has some rugged Tin Cloth involved in his outing.

View attachment 1487745

I'm not sure how I feel about the Denim Short Cruiser, as I never really was a fan of the Tin Cloth Short Cruiser, being that it's exactly that....short. However I can appreciate that it is lined for warmth and made from what's left of the USA Cone Mills Denim, as there is only a finite amount of that stuff left with the closing of the factory. I imagine, being Raw Denim, that it must be as constricting as a new pair of raw denim pants, which is why I am not a fan, as I'd imagine using it (in conjunction with my raw denim pants) would make me look like I was doing my best impersonation of a robot, but to each their own.

This isn't exactly an innovative idea from Filson, as we have already been gifted with a Cruiser made of Raw Denim (albeit not Cone Mills). Filson x Levi's Raw Denim Cruiser

filson-levis-jacket.jpg

Keeping on the Denim topic, I'm sure many of you have already seen this but it appears that Filson has released their first denim line that isn't part of a collaboration, including a raw denim model. In the past they have collaborated with Tellason and Levi's to name a couple. I really like the name they chose and the leather patch design is quintessential Filson for sure. The selvedge denim is from Japan and they've opted for a zipper fly instead of the buttons, which I actually prefer with denim.

filson denim.PNG

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really must commend Filson for the production and overall feeling of this video. It was an advertisement for another video I was watching and it held my attention all the way through

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTB spotting in film. Criminal Minds Season 10 episode 13, Gideon’s duffle that has his final collection of items after he’s been murdered. Always fun to organically have a Filson find after watching 10.5 seasons of a show!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally finished my knife build. I thought I was going to get away with having my new Casey Lynch Northwest Deep Carry Clip pair up with my .45ACP lanyard stud, but that was not in the cards. So I ordered a solid copper spiral stopper from Flytanium and it lines up perfectly with my clip.

AEA9832F-41A1-468F-9604-B323268EBAB6.jpeg

94B78CCF-DAEE-48A9-9549-1716C30D9C96.jpeg

It’s already showing excellent patina the way that solid copper does

77002CC8-EE89-416B-ACE1-245E4FDE78C7.jpeg

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something tells me the previous owner wasn't a fan of the old Filson motto "Might As Well Have The Best" because each bag features a tag that has either been sliced in half or stabbed multiple times. Other then that each Talon example is in beautiful shape.

Talon Tan Pullman (not listed as such)

Talon Pulman 1.PNG

That's a lot of Hulk Matter®

Talon Pulman 2.PNG

Talon Tan MTB (not listed as such)

Talon MTB 1.PNG

Even more Hulk Matter

Talon MTB 2.PNG

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filson used to have a sale in Seattle every year and that was a way of marking seconds.

The 2nd picture is not just the label, but the 22oz Twill divider as well. I'm pretty sure that was done by the previous owner, as that doesn't make much sense to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads