• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question for those with Large Outfitters, #238. Does the bottom compartment have snap in dividers? I know the #239 does.

Thanks in advance.

Keep in mind that the #239 XL has a smaller top compartment and a larger bottom compartment compared to the #238 Large.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the #239 XL has a smaller top compartment and a larger bottom compartment compared to the #238 Large.

Thank you both! Very, very helpful.

For posterity from an old catalog:

XL Outfitter (#239) Top Compartment:
20” W, 10” H, 14 1/2” D
XL Outfitter (#239) Bottom Compartment:
20” W, 7 1/2” H, 14 1/2” D

L Outfitter (#238) Top Compartment:
20” W, 11 1/2” H, 14 1/2” D
L Outfitter (#238) Bottom Compartment:
20” W, 5” H, 14 1/2” D

The XL has two snap-in twill dividers in the bottom. The L does not have the dividers.

woodsjw

Reaction score
Question. Does anyone own the the Filson Down Cruiser? Curious how the material ages after a few seasons of wear, but I'm not finding any pictures online or long term reviews.

Thanks!

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question. Does anyone own the the Filson Down Cruiser? Curious how the material ages after a few seasons of wear, but I'm not finding any pictures online or long term reviews.

Thanks!
Hi Woods - great to see you here. I have a down cruiser with a hood that Filson did with backcountry.com a few seasons ago. I absolutely love it. The outer fabric is waxed - but not as heavy as regular tin cloth - may be cover cloth? Anyway, it’s been wearing well, and can of course be rewaxed. I don’t do anything heavy duty with mine, it’s just my go to for when it gets really, properly cold. But zero issues or concerns. It’s very warm, very windproof.
CB286598-F22B-40A3-B022-1FE1D2734DA4.png

woodsjw

Reaction score
Speedy, that jacket looks great! Had no idea they made a version with a hood... thanks for your thoughts on the down cruiser. I'm leaning toward picking one up.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score

Thanks!

I have one in green. It’s a very dark green. I don’t remember if they called it otter green. I echo all of Speedy’s comments. I only wear it when it is really cold and I’m in Chicago so that is a handful of weeks through the year. I’m away from it at the moment so I can’t check. I’m pretty sure it has a hood. I do really like it. It is quite durable. I highly recommend it. I would buy mine again, on sale like I got mine.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score

Thanks!

Maybe mine doesn’t have a hood. I wish I could remember. Remind me next Monday and I can look. Mine is similar to this:

1601255324838.jpeg

WJR

Reaction score
I received my Flask and its just beautiful, I love it. the only problem I could find, and its a small one, is that IT LEAKS, lol!!
it leaks where the threaded piece is soldered to the top.
I contacted them and they were very apologetic, they are sending me a new one right away. ill report back!

Stratkat,

Any update on receiving the replacement flask?

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its on its way! I inquired Friday, they had told me it may take a couple of weeks when I first contacted them. but I now have tracking info.
My Bromwell is aging quite nicely. I thought it was so awesome that I ended up buying one for my son's birthday in a few weeks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads