• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seven20

Reaction score
nothing major - just a hole on the corner of the bag that you could stick 2 fingers through. they also stitched up a roughed out area that I wasn’t expecting

I think the long turn around time was just cause they shut down for some time and probably reduced staffing
Oh, that makes sense as it was beginning of shutdown.

seven20

Reaction score
I have a NWT Small Tan Duffel that I think I want to sell if anyone is looking for one. I had bought it for my oldest, but ended up getting him a Navy as he wasn't a fan of the tan. $210 plus actual shipping cost

theratpack

Reaction score
Hoping someone out there might be able to point me in the right direction...

I am trying to track down a Filson Mac Cruiser in the forest-green colorway size Medium and with one particular caveat.

If possible I would like to find a new unworn piece from the previous generation of stock, one with the white (union) tag with red colored text, as opposed to the more recent stock which uses a black tag with white colored text.

Any suggestions welcome or am I wasting my time.

Attachments

• cruiser in forest-green.jpg
    cruiser in forest-green.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 58

A JEDI IM

Reaction score

I am trying to track down a Filson Mac Cruiser in the forest-green colorway size Medium and with one particular caveat.

If possible I would like to find a new unworn piece from the previous generation of stock, one with the white (union) tag with red colored text, as opposed to the more recent stock which uses a black tag with white colored text.

Beats me. What is the significance of that tag? Is that the Seattle fit or something like that? Share what you know and we’ll have more motivation to keep our eyes peeled for you because we’ll remember it better.

Actually, call both outlets tomorrow and ask about it. They can at least tell you if they’ve seen that at all. But, still, spill the beans here so we can help. We try to take care of our own and find Filson puppies good homes, right Speedy?

theratpack

Reaction score
Beats me. What is the significance of that tag? Is that the Seattle fit or something like that? Share what you know and we’ll have more motivation to keep our eyes peeled for you because we’ll remember it better.

as the owner of quite a few mac cruiser's over the journey, including the limited Scarlet mac cruiser of a few years ago, I have a preference for this generation of manufacturing over the more recent offering... I had one of the black tagged cruisers unravel at the shoulder and while it may have been a one off and just plain bad luck, lets just say I try to avoid the more recent offering where possible

seven20

Reaction score
as the owner of quite a few mac cruiser's over the journey, including the limited Scarlet mac cruiser of a few years ago, I have a preference for this generation of manufacturing over the more recent offering... I had one of the black tagged cruisers unravel at the shoulder and while it may have been a one off and just plain bad luck, lets just say I try to avoid the more recent offering where possible
Give Solomon Outfitters a call, they have a lot of NOS and may have one

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
I’ll keep an eye out. Still, call the outlets.

Reaction score

I've got a 90's Size 46 for sale presently that got worked over by the Filson repairs team, but certainly not unworn. This one's got plenty of scars and the buttons got reworked as well just as a matter of preference.

seven20

Reaction score
looks like Solomon Outfitters might be able to help me out; thank you again for the recommendation
Happy to help! I got my brand new tweed and twill from Lynn a couple of months ago. Edit to say, it was a great experience.

Last edited:

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The brief discussion last night of the original twill Dopp kit being considered too big for its intended purpose (by some) got me to thinking how it might otherwise be used.

* I’ve ended up using it as an additional packing cube for underwear and socks. It sits up well in my medium travel bag or on either side of my regular Pullman.

* Electronics bag.

* First aid kit for my 511- 24 backpack

* I haven’t actually done this one yet because there is no going back if I do, but it would hold a roll of duct tape and a small army of pliers, combo wrenches, screw drivers, and bungies to toss in the trunk or my truck.

Other ideas?

Dano2875

Reaction score
Hello I’ve been checking this site often decided to join finally I have quite a few Filson products so I feel I have the same addiction as most of you here is a list of Filson that I own starting with hats and clothes and then bags.
Logger hat tin and olive
Tin cloth hat
Rugged twill
Bush hat
Cover cloth packer
Mackinaw panel hat
Clothes
Dawson leather jacket
Double Mack cruiser
Forestry cruiser
Dry tin cruiser x2
Mackinaw coat
Ranger bomber
Lightweight canvas cruiser
Cruiser shirt
Filson Levis hunter trucker
Mackinaw vest x2
Tin mackinaw vest
Filson x Levis original vest
Cruiser vest
Shirts
Tracker shirt x2
Chambray cruiser shirt
Denim work shirt
Alaskan lightweight
Supply pants
Bags
Original briefcase 256
Small duffle navy
Small field bag navy
Dopp bag navy
Barrel pack x2
Zippered tote navy
Tote mackinaw red
In the mail medium duffle cinder
That’s all for now tell me what you think sorry to go on so long.

Dano2875

Reaction score
Hello I’ve been checking this site often decided to join finally I have quite a few Filson products so I feel I have the same addiction as most of you here is a list of Filson that I own starting with hats and clothes and then bags.
Logger hat tin and olive
Tin cloth hat
Rugged twill
Bush hat
Cover cloth packer
Mackinaw panel hat
Clothes
Dawson leather jacket
Double Mack cruiser
Forestry cruiser
Dry tin cruiser x2
Mackinaw coat
Ranger bomber
Lightweight canvas cruiser
Cruiser shirt
Filson Levis hunter trucker
Mackinaw vest x2
Tin mackinaw vest
Filson x Levis original vest
Cruiser vest
Shirts
Tracker shirt x2
Chambray cruiser shirt
Denim work shirt
Alaskan lightweight
Supply pants
Bags
Original briefcase 256
Small duffle navy
Small field bag navy
Dopp bag navy
Barrel pack x2
Zippered tote navy
Tote mackinaw red
In the mail medium duffle cinder
That’s all for now tell me what you think sorry to go on so long.
Also can’t forget my talon rucksack!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads