1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Man we should just change this to this filson bag selling thread. There is a marketplace for this you really shouldn't be spamming here

2. poena

poena Senior member

i'm surprised it's gone this long since it is usually frowned upon in other threads. but sometimes it's a good alert.

3. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Really, that is outstanding CS. Maybe drop the powers that be at Filson thanking them ?

4. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Hat and Murse.

A 232 medium field bag pulling duty as a camera bag. A nice selection of greens in the photo I thought.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  5. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

For all you military AAFES users they have
    a new coupon code code for 15% off that
    can be used on Filson products

6. gnu

gnu Senior member

What do you all use to oil the straps of your bags?

Another question, looking at the medium travel bag vs. medium duffel. I was thinking I would get more use out of the medium travel bag then I would out of the duffel. I'm setting up to travel a lot here in the near future, and was wondering which is a little more functional...

thanks!

7. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Obenauf's LP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  8. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

I prefer Obenauf's leather oil over LP for my straps. It's more than sufficient for the task and much easier to apply, particularly when using the included applicator. I'll give my straps a light coating every once and a while: I apply, let it sit and soak in, and then brush away any excess.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  9. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Well-Known Member

I use Lexol. It's generally available locally and works well. As soon as I get a bag I treat the leather since the straps seem to come dry.

Chad

10. htrieu

htrieu Senior member

Where can I get the best deal on a tan 256 right now? Revolve doesn't carry the tan 256 so their 30% off new customer coupon is a no go for me.

11. stonedx

stonedx Member

cranes country store? email them for discount code.

12. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

I used Lexol on my straps. I used LP on my leather backpack for water resistance, but that's probably not worth the effort nor necessary on just straps. [​IMG]

13. gaping46and2

gaping46and2 Member

Will either Lexol or Obenouf's darken the leather on the Red Label bags? I'm looking to hasten the patina to them.

14. Alter

Alter Senior member

Does anybody know of it is possible to buy a hand grip....just the hand grip? If so, from where? I emailed Filson and Cranes...awaiting replies, but thought I would ask here to see if anyone has any insights.

15. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

You can buy directly from Filson. $12 if I recall correctly.

16. ehrgeiz

ehrgeiz Member

17. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

You'd need to confirm with them that they are talking the Navy twill 256 rather than a Red Label Navy canvas. They say its canvas, which would be the red label, but perhaps they just don't know the difference, and can't identify one or the other.

18. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Yes, they will darken the leather. Never used them on really light leathers, so can't comment as to how much they will darken though.

19. laundry day

laundry day Active Member

Crane's sells them separately. I asked them to send me one with my 256 if they couldn't get the 256 pre-installed with the handle from Filson. I don't remember the exact cost, but of the top of my head, it was $10-12.

20. Santi Se

Santi Se Member

Received my #240 Small Carry-On Bag few days ago, and has been carrying it since and really happy with it.

Btw, I also have the Medium Field Bag

Dimensional wise, the #240 Small Carry-On Bag is just a bit bigger.

And with the same loads; with 240, it feels a lot less lighter than when carrying with Medium Field.
    Plus I can now add a 13" laptop and A4-sized binder. And a camera . . .

(Pics from the Net)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013