• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DuckMan_11

Reaction score
The very same reason I had asked about the mackinaw red limited edition a few pages back. I want to get a few items for my wife who definitely needs some better travel gear. The mackinaw red is significantly reduced right now at a few retailers.
We have the zip tote in Red and my wife says it’s too orange, I was going to get her the duffle, but she is set on Navy.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
We have the zip tote in Red and my wife says it’s too orange, I was going to get her the duffle, but she is set on Navy.

When they first went on sale, I debuted all of them at my house. Both my GF and my daughter shot me down. They both saw too much orange in the fabric too. I had to agree. Problem is, to this day, I still want it to be a deep red. It was not, to our eyes.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meant to do this yesterday.

View attachment 1432734
Root over otter green. Black vs brown leather, respectively. I don’t think my picture is an accurate representation of the root. I think there is more green in it in person.

The color variation of Root reminds me of the first edition Otter Greens (or w/e Filson called it) before the wide release of “Otter Dark Green”.

Talon Era 246 vs 257

CBB3C0C7-501B-48D3-8748-E0EDFB8305BC.jpeg

On a side note I just shipped out my 246. That bag served me well for over 2 years and will certainly be missed.

WJR

Reaction score

Thank you. My wife has an orangy red Patagonia that she likes, I think they call it tomato. So, I may order one piece and see what her thoughts are. Navy is what I plan to use so I guess we can share.

thewinedown

Reaction score
What about some of those workshop colors, or isn’t there the white color with light tan leather? Limits your options though I suppose.

nevadabob

Reaction score
to a jedi m: I very nearly bought that 110 knife yesterday! Told myself I could have it as a birthday gift in a couple of weeks. I also liked the little all brass one they had in the store.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
to a jedi m: I very nearly bought that 110 knife yesterday! Told myself I could have it as a birthday gift in a couple of weeks. I also liked the little all brass one they had in the store.

I like the little brass one too. It is very small though. Still, I like it and it is a hell of a lot easier on the pocketbook.

thewinedown

Reaction score
Bloomingdales has some Filson bags on sale 40% off plus an additional 50% off of that in your cart (70% effectively in total), but be forewarned, it’s not many bags, and many shown are already out of stock. I managed to grab a tan 256 for $97.50 though by hitting refresh a few times over 20-30min.

hilltop1

Reaction score
Thing about the red is, it is a bit of on the orange side (I’m one of the few that really likes it though...) but it’s the leather that drew me in.
View attachment 1432842

I love my vintage Filson's, but could not resist picking up one of these red duffles at a great price. What a cool piece! Your photo captures it nicely...I agree about the leather too..just gorgeous.

BTW also picked up a sepia bandera backpack at a killer price and have completely incorporated that into my daily computer/business file bag...just loving this new Filson stuff!!

Seems to be the pattern around here: collection grows the more you read this forum....hehe!!

seven20

Reaction score
Bloomingdales has some Filson bags on sale 40% off plus an additional 50% off of that in your cart (70% effectively in total), but be forewarned, it’s not many bags, and many shown are already out of stock. I managed to grab a tan 256 for $97.50 though by hitting refresh a few times over 20-30min.
Nice grab. I see nothing there now.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right. I think I have enough stuff for our vacation.

06601F67-6638-4DDA-B789-67C27EB1E1AC.jpeg

242 large carry on and 262 rucksac.
Brompton folding bike and Carradice saddlebag. Brooks leather saddle of course.
Cressi freediving fins for which I really need a better bag.
Drone and go pro.

242 is full. But includes boots, a good selection of clothes, Dopp kit, down jacket. I just find this bag ideally sized. Bigger than the 48 hour, easier to pack than a duffle.

Carry on!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads