• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dgonsh

Reaction score
Wow, FINALLY picked up a Pullman in Otter for 215 after the $10 first order coupon. Holy cow. Thought 30% off was the biggest discount I'd ever see for such a staple filson item. It's backordered til 1st week of January, but I dont care. Im in no rush. Ive waited probably 3 years to finally take the plunge. I've spent more on jeans, so this price is crazy.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My small family:

Left to right: Oil Finish Duffle Bag Small - Tan (70110), Original Briefcase (70256), Zippered tote - Tan (70261):

I also have a tin cloth packer hat which is not pictured.

brunost

Reaction score
looks great,Winston.

how can I make new holes in the strap so that I can wear the bag higher?

Brooks

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting the wheeled carry on since I missed out on the Pullman but realized I wouldn't use it as much.

Mujib

Reaction score
I ordered the large duffle. Is it too large to be used as a carry-on? How does the travel bag compare?

deem

Reaction score

I ordered the large duffle. Is it too large to be used as a carry-on? How does the travel bag compare?

The large duffle is probably too large for a carryon unless you underpack it a lot. I've read that the medium duffle can squeak by if you don't overpack it, but I've never tried it with mine.

Quick question for you guys...I need a weekend/carryon. I already have the medium duffle in Tan. Unfortunately the Sportsman (which I prefer) isn't available in tan before Christmas travel, so should I get the sportsman in otter green or the Medium Travel bag in tan (to keep things matching)? Thanks for any input.

Edit: Never mind my question. The Filson Sportsman in Tan became available again!

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks great,Winston.

how can I make new holes in the strap so that I can wear the bag higher?

Stop by a cobbler/shoe repair shop. They'll have a punch that will cut a nice clean hole. DIY never looks very good (unless you have a leather punch).

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have read that even the medium at full capacity is too big to carry on. This all depends on how much you stuff the bag with though.

Someone early on in the thread mentioned that he took he had his shoulder strap shortened on the other end and had the "button" that secures it on the other end reattached. This sounds like a better idea to me as you can allow for more "range" in the adjustment without having too much tail hanging off on the other end and without attaching any holes. The downside is you can't have it as long as it was OEM.

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hesitated on jumping on the otter large duffle because I already own two Filsons in tan. Now that it is out of stock I can pay extra $50 to buy the tan version that I wanted without feeling bad... But what is this gut wrenching sensation in my stomache? ;_;

fashionnoob

Reaction score
Any reason why you prefer the Sportsman in Tan? I just picked up the medium travel bag in tan, and was on the fence between the two.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want to get the new Twill and Tweed briefcase and was wondering if Filson ever offers any discounts over the holidays? Even 15% would be awesome. Thought I might ask the experts. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads