• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here’s my latest conundrum. I snagged a small duffle (navy) and medium duffle (cinder) at great deals but now can’t decide if the small is necessary. Part of me likes the navy better but it’s quite small. I’m 6’4” 220lbs, so the medium size is no problem for me in terms of any bulk. But since I have Bigfoot size shoes and boots to pack, when could I reasonably even use the small without overfilling it immediately? Maybe best to return the small and reappropriate the cash for a 257, 261, 24 hour etc (in OG or tan, no doubt!)? Thoughts appreciated as always.

Bigfoot size shoes lol What size shoe are you? I’m a 13 and I didn’t have an issue fitting them in my 70266 Sportsman with my other stuff.

thewinedown

Reaction score
Bigfoot size shoes lol What size shoe are you? I’m a 13 and I didn’t have an issue fitting them in my 70266 Sportsman with my other stuff.
Size 14 here! If I want to pack a pair of boots in the winter, it fills my bags so quickly. I’m sure the medium duffle can handle it but the small? Not sure how much space I’d have left.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size 14 here! If I want to pack a pair of boots in the winter, it fills my bags so quickly. I’m sure the medium duffle can handle it but the small? Not sure how much space I’d have left.

You’re the first person I’ve met with bigger feet then me. Funny part growing up was a trip to the NBA Hall of Fame and measuring my foot against the pros. Turns out I have a bigger shoe size then Micheal Jordan (12), and he's 6 inches taller then me :lol:

Last edited:

danfilsondill

Reaction score
Just grabbed a small Pullman that had been sitting for quite a while in a shop I like. I really like the way it packs. I think it’s going to replace my 48 hour! View attachment 1423002

congrats on the Pullman. It’s the bag I waited the longest to buy (had to find used one for right price). Finally used it this past weekend and it’s easily my favorite bag. It packs so incredibly well and looks awesome when full. If I had to describe Filson to someone I’d show them the briefcase or this bag—everything about it is perfect!

Stratkat

Reaction score
congrats on the Pullman. It’s the bag I waited the longest to buy (had to find used one for right price). Finally used it this past weekend and it’s easily my favorite bag. It packs so incredibly well and looks awesome when full. If I had to describe Filson to someone I’d show them the briefcase or this bag—everything about it is perfect!
Thanks. Gonna try it out next weekend!

DuckMan_11

Reaction score
Picked up this Rugged Canvas Ruck at the outlet (They opened up finally) on our way back from our place up north. It was produced in 2016, I personally had never seen it for sale, it was discontinued before I took a deep dive into filson. I was on the fence between this and a few other backpacks. This was the wife’s favorite out of them.
DB40431E-B779-49F6-A9AA-1A3649D03E70.jpeg
58547EAD-F982-43A2-8BBC-65067B0E7828.jpeg

FilsonDude

Reaction score
Picked up this Rugged Canvas Ruck at the outlet (They opened up finally) on our way back from our place up north. It was produced in 2016, I personally had never seen it for sale, it was discontinued before I took a deep dive into filson. I was on the fence between this and a few other backpacks. This was the wife’s favorite out of them. View attachment 1424487 View attachment 1424488
Those straps look comfy

DuckMan_11

Reaction score
Those straps look comfy
Really comfortable. I may have loaded it up a time or two and paced around the house. I’m not sure where this will fit in the rotation, but I have a ranger that I use for hunting, an original briefcase for work, and a medium field I use for work. Maybe this will be my office travel bag when I need more than the briefcase.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Picked up this Rugged Canvas Ruck at the outlet (They opened up finally) on our way back from our place up north. It was produced in 2016, I personally had never seen it for sale, it was discontinued before I took a deep dive into filson. I was on the fence between this and a few other backpacks. This was the wife’s favorite out of them. View attachment 1424487 View attachment 1424488
This is my EDC bag for commuting to and from work. I’ve been using mine daily (before the lockdowns) for about three years. I’ve no complaints. It’s really well made and is holding up great.

That’s a great find!

DuckMan_11

Reaction score
This is my EDC bag for commuting to and from work. I’ve been using mine daily (before the lockdowns) for about three years. I’ve no complaints. It’s really well made and is holding up great.

That’s a great find!
That is what I like to hear.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been wanting to share this with all of you for at least a year now. It’s my younger sisters 25 year old LL Bean Backpack that she has been using since grade school. It’s been her sole bag (besides her hiking bag) for all this time. I’ve never seen as cool of patina on nylon before, definitely credit to a company that obviously cared enough to put such an effort into something that was intended on being pushed to its limits. Born on Earth Day in “April” (which also happens to be her name), she’s a Wildlife Biologist for the USDA, one of the top in the State in her field of Ornithology. She’s been all over the world with that bag for her studies: New Zealand, Alaska, Texas to name a few. She even lived in a tent for 4 months on a project.

5F06373C-D051-4485-BD05-CB0349FEAB4C.jpeg

5AFB3FCD-B045-45EB-8702-B9E0068713B9.jpeg

0DC84A8A-4C21-40BC-AE34-580E0AF90FEC.jpeg

8C07DB77-E21A-4A75-AF3E-31250BB18AEE.jpeg

Couldn’t show off the bag without a face to match it, this is us after going to the Hershey Park factory tour

1DAC7485-4FF9-45F9-A6B3-02CBBE937E93.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads