• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sputnikmoment

Reaction score
Im thinking between the medium field bag and the small carryon bag. But I read from filsonfan.com that the way the strap hangs from the small carryon is kind of awkward. However, fitting a 13" macbook pro would be quite a stretch for the medium field bag. Any advice on this?

Brooks

Reaction score
From what I've read (I forget where) a 13" Macbook Air won't fit in the Medium Field Bag so I doubt a Pro will fit

OldManMachine

Reaction score
Just ordered a Filson 257 in brown from Joe's Sporting Good, 20% off. Pretty sweet deal! This will be my first Filson and is going to be used as my everyday work commuting bag.

Quartermain

Reaction score
I would really love one of the Filson bags but am unable to find any in the UK. I have also thought about purchasing from the US, but import tax and shipping is high - perhaps I should task my US based brother in law to help!
Can anybody recommend a US dealer who is willing to ship to the UK and is good on price and shipping costs?

Many thanks,

Q

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I would really love one of the Filson bags but am unable to find any in the UK. I have also thought about purchasing from the US, but import tax and shipping is high - perhaps I should task my US based brother in law to help!
Can anybody recommend a US dealer who is willing to ship to the UK and is good on price and shipping costs?

Many thanks,

Q

oi polloi carries filson, although their present stock is kinda slim.

just bought another filson last week.. the tin cloth backpack. its gonna be daddy's bag to put the acidkids' water, wipes, clothes and other junk whenever we step out.

Hype1234

Reaction score
Im thinking between the medium field bag and the small carryon bag. But I read from filsonfan.com that the way the strap hangs from the small carryon is kind of awkward. However, fitting a 13" macbook pro would be quite a stretch for the medium field bag. Any advice on this?
My 13" macbook pro just squeezes into the medium field bag. I can't even put it in my incase sleeve or it won't fit (too long). However, there's still room to toss in my power cable and a small novel along with the bare laptop, so it might work for you.

Brooks

Reaction score
I was finally able to see some Filson bags in person today and they are pretty nice. Wasn't able to see the 232 in person which is what I'm planning to get but I did see the 230 and I definitely want to pick one up as well somewhere down the road. Also saw the 256 and some other bags that I can't identify off the top of my head but they were all quite nice.

Brooks

Reaction score
Any input on whether to go with tan or green? Also, do you guys get the same colour for every bag or do you mix it up?

jeannoob

Reaction score
My bag is in tan but I regret not getting Otter Green.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong though, I still enjoy my tan!

Last edited:

Brooks

Reaction score
Which bag do you have jean? I was so sure I was going to go with the tan because one of my favourite jackets is similar to Otter Green so I don't want them to match when I wear it. Otter Green is such a great colour though so I'm leaning toward that now.

milesbeyond

Reaction score
Which bag do you have jean? I was so sure I was going to go with the tan because one of my favourite jackets is similar to Otter Green so I don't want them to match when I wear it. Otter Green is such a great colour though so I'm leaning toward that now.
I got the Otter Green because of that reason (didn't want to match my Levi's tan trucker).

I have a 257 and just bought a Sportsman's, both in Otter Green. I think I'm going to keep all my future bag purchases the same color. Something classy and nice about matching luggage, in my opinion.

SaddleSC

Reaction score
I think that some Filson bags tend to look better in Tan and others look better in the Otter Green. My collection started off about 65/35 biased toward Tan, but as I have added to the collection, the balance is starting to shift in the other direction. My most recent purchases: Pullman, Original Briefcase and Field Bag have all been in Otter Green.

Both colors look great and they also work very well together. It is hard to make a bad decision.

(There is also an article on the FilsonFan blog about choosing the best color that may help.)

SaddleSC

Reaction score
My bag is in tan but I regret not getting Otter Green.
EDIT: Don't get me wrong though, I still enjoy my tan!

I bought the 256 Original Briefcase in both Otter Green and Tan. I decided to sell the OG on Craigslist and regretted it immediately:) So, I went home and re-ordered it during the 25% off sale at Glen's. It is really a great looking bag, but I love my Tan one also. They are both so classic, it is impossible for me to choose between the two.

Brooks

Reaction score
Could you guys post a shot of all your bags together? It would awesome to see how your collections looked with mixed colours and all the same colour.

I got the Otter Green because of that reason (didn't want to match my Levi's tan trucker).

I guess it doesn't help that I want to get that trucker jacket too.

(There is also an article on the FilsonFan blog about choosing the best color that may help.)

Thanks for the tip on the blog post.

jeannoob

Reaction score

I own the 256 briefcase. Funny thing is that I went with tan because one of my go-to jackets is green and I didn't want to match as well :tounge:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics