1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. henrikc

henrikc Senior member

Outside on my 257, also noticed that when I saw the pictures. Would rather have mine inside.

2. converge

converge Senior member

My 256, which I bought new in March, has the key clasp stitched in the exterior pocket just like my 257 from 2009. Must be a very recent change.

3. laundry day

laundry day Active Member

Quote:On my navy 256, it's in the exterior front pocket. Same with my red 257.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  4. quuz

quuz Senior member

Just noticed that Will in the tv series of Hannibal is using a 256 or 257 :)

5. allenmay8

allenmay8 New Member

I just received my 256 in the black/tweed combo last week, and have used it everyday since then. Love the bag! My only complaint also has to do with the brass key clasp. Mine is on the exterior pocket, however I find it to be too short. I kind of wish it was long enough to pull my keys out of the bag while still attached. Anyone know of a good way to extend it?

Also, how do you guys carry the bag? I have yet to use the shoulder strap. Every time I try, is just slides right off my shoulder.

6. hkey777

hkey777 New Member

I'm interested in purchasing the original briefcase (256) in navy. I would love to see some pictures of one in the wild. Can anyone help a brotha out? [​IMG]

Also, I've read that the navy bags feel flimsier than the original colors. Can anyone shed light on this?

7. ksv123

ksv123 Member

Don't know about the navy bags, but I have a tan, 22oz, 256 arriving Monday. I hope it is big enough or it goes up for sale to fund the 257!

8. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior member

Anyone see a tan 257 on sale anywhere?

9. Adamsapple

Adamsapple Member

10. ksv123

ksv123 Member

Oh well I must say the 256 is a beautiful, heavy duty bag for sure, leather is top notch and strap latches are heavy duty. The issue is having to put my 15" MBP in the center compartment because it does not fit in the side compartments. I am highly doubting the MBP would fit in the side compartment of the 257 either since they are the same width. Anybody using the 257 with a 15" MBP in side compartment?

11. RAYZ-ACE

RAYZ-ACE Active Member

I recently picked up a 256 in navy and was wondering if filson boot oil would be okay to condition the leather with?

Thanks!

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

Any recs for keeping the red canvas clean? Waxing? Waterproofer spray? Girlfriend is taking the bag but wants to keep it red

13. laundry day

laundry day Active Member

Use tan Filson's bag.

14. converge

converge Senior member

I have a 256 and 257 and I use a 13" MBP in a thick sleeve. The 13" MBP fits the same (very snug) in the side compartments in either bag (same width). However, it does fit more loosely in the center "pocket" in my 257. I think a 15" MBP would fit in the center pocket of the 257 by itself or in a thin sleeve.

15. poena

poena Senior member

my 15" mbp fits in the inside side sleeves of my 257. no case on it

16. ksv123

ksv123 Member

Dies it slide in, or do you have to work it? The 15" MVP fits fine on center of my 256.

17. poena

poena Senior member

as long as I get the zipper out of the way it'll slide it

18. ksv123

ksv123 Member

Poena, Would love to see a photo of the15 inch MacBook Pro inside 257 if possible. thank you

19. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Guys,

Does anyone have an email for filson customer service? trying to find out what postage to Australia is going to be for the laptop bag.