• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A short while back I informed the members here of a insane Wallet Seconds Sale at Tanner Goods in Portland Oregon. I know a couple of members made purchases and I would be most curious to see what you guys got, considering it was a blind style purchase. I figured since each wallet cost me $18 I could throw caution to the wind and see how lucky I was...apparently I was very lucky. @FilsonDude & @Fueco what did you guys get?

Small Wallet Number 1:
Out of the 3 Small wallet choices the one that I wanted the most is called The Legacy Cardholder (think Filson Snap Wallet). The color I wanted (out of 4) was Natural; just like my Utility Bifold & 1.50” Belt.

Looks like I got exactly what I wanted, here it is sitting next to my year old Tanner Goods Natural Bifold. Retailing for $80 made from Meridian English Bridle Leather. Featuring a rough out interior and brass snaps and rivets

60E5A83A-59F5-40C0-A04D-8D12D43BF277.jpeg

“Patina Potential”:

0B1E5D8F-041D-46EA-9C9A-EFCFEEA2C50D.jpeg

AABF6BF5-3A77-4F48-B9EB-E30091EB5F4E.jpeg

The back features two riveted dollar bill clasps; check out those rich leather tones.

6B1F3077-2313-45C2-A91E-D0A178C891AD.jpeg

7B154BD4-8D1A-4FA8-AF69-DB9A0A6F3117.jpeg

My theory on why this is a second: the monogram on the back appears to be upside down. Accidents happen and I am very fortunate because of it.

2. The 2nd wallet I was hoping for I didn’t get, and allow me to say, I have never been happier. The one I got instead turned out to be better for what I was tasking it for. The color of the leather was also something I found deep appreciation for, as I get to see how it patina’s, considering I was thinking about picking up a more formal 1.25” belt for dress khakis.

The Minimal Card Wallet In Cognac Meridian English Bridle Leather with a smooth underside for easy access. Retails for $40.

ED17653C-F98B-4F96-8B87-DF40FC14346C.jpeg

What I like best about this, is the top access to the bill slot and the two card slots. It’s a true front pocket wallet, as the contents will stay exactly in place no matter what, even loose change. Featured below is about 9 bills and 4 cards, but this thing can definitely swallow much more. I however don’t need it to, as the Legacy Cardholder can fill that job effortlessly.

185369CF-AE51-4911-A1AF-A99A0371CC94.jpeg

I can’t really tell why this is a factory second as it’s absolutely flawless. Maybe there is supposed to be a roughed out underside. That’s what i call a perfect mistake. Here’s a shot of the upside down monogram on the Legay:

D826DA0B-4B4A-496D-9350-0E47FE63DC4A.jpeg

Last edited:

seven20

Reaction score
Well with my experience with Porsche while working for Ferrari, I’d say the #70218 would be a perfect fit, but boardeline too big :lol: :fonz: . You’ll have to punch in that build number to get my attempt at car humor

Right on!! World Rally Blue and of course manual (no other option exists).

View attachment 1363223
World rally blue is the best color!

I have a 70218, I’ll try that one and go from there haha

TreesInSummer

Reaction score

TinMan3

Reaction score
Hey guys! I still need to sell a brand new Filson Weatherproof Leather Original Briefcase in Sierra Brown.

Got it as a gift and would like to use the money for a vacation. Feel free to shoot me an offer via the ebay auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254529033518

- Free worldwide shipping

- It's 1250€ on filson.com, around 800€ in most online shops, I offer 649€ ( =$736) base price (=

- Feel free to shoot me a reasonable offer!
No offense man, but posting once on this forum trying to sell something is ok, but imo 3-4 times is probably too much. This is a forum for discussion about the products and not for selling. There is a specific buy sell trade page on styleforum that is meant for this. Please feel free to continue trying to sell your very nice briefcase there. I wish you very good luck.

TreesInSummer

Reaction score
Oh sorry, I didn't know of the dedicated buy sell page. Thanks for pointing that out! I don't want to disturb any discussion.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel like I'm sitting in that very same classroom right now. Where is everyone?

Some eBay listings for your entertainment:

1. Filson STB #244. Leather looks to be from the Talon Era. You simply don't see too many of these pop up on the Bay. Who was it that has one of these on here that bought it under the guise of a MTB?

STB.PNG

2. This is what a true First Edition looks like. Filson #258 YKK (Build Date 0602) in Otter Green with the famous sueded underside from the Talon Era. Lock and Key is included as well as a Eddie Bauer luggage tag, from a time that I can only imagine when these two brands shared much in common.

YKK 1st.PNG

seven20

Reaction score
@OtterMeanGreen it's been slow here for sure! The bueller reference made me chuckle though, what a good movie from a weird era.

I kind of like that 258, I've been thinking of a 258 for a month or so now as a work bag.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel like I'm sitting in that very same classroom right now. Where is everyone?

Some eBay listings for your entertainment:

1. Filson STB #244. Leather looks to be from the Talon Era. You simply don't see too many of these pop up on the Bay. Who was it that has one of these on here that bought it under the guise of a MTB?

View attachment 1363858

2. This is what a true First Edition looks like. Filson #258 YKK (Build Date 0602) in Otter Green with the famous sueded underside from the Talon Era. Lock and Key is included as well as a Eddie Bauer luggage tag, from a time that I can only imagine when these two brands shared much in common.

View attachment 1363860
Agreed it's been slow. I think two things are happening:
1. Covid has kept us all home and we're not using our Filson travel bags, like we used to. I happened upon a stack of my bags in the corner of my closet yesterday and felt a feeling of dread wash over me. We, as humans, are meant to travel, see the world, and visit with friends, family and clients. When we do that, we share some of those pics on this forum.
2. As the weather has started to warm up, it has eliminated some of the value of Filson clothes, jackets and pants. Again, limiting the number of opportunities to show off our Filson gear.

I just bought a field bag that I've carried ONE TIME in 3 weeks due to this mess. It's sitting right next to me - mocking me.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Covid has kept us all home and we're not using our Filson travel bags, like we used to. I happened upon a stack of my bags in the corner of my closet yesterday and felt a feeling of dread wash over me. We, as humans, are meant to travel, see the world, and visit with friends, family and clients. When we do that, we share some of those pics on this forum.
2. As the weather has started to warm up, it has eliminated some of the value of Filson clothes, jackets and pants. Again, limiting the number of opportunities to show off our Filson gear.

I just bought a field bag that I've carried ONE TIME in 3 weeks due to this mess. It's sitting right next to me - mocking me.

Yes. I just received a tan #246 with 1003 build date and YKK zippers in very good shape (albeit missing the strap) right before a couple of trips got cancelled or postponed, along with twin large Pullmans, one olive and one tan, the latter close to NOS. They are sitting in my office at work, almost mocking me. Oh well.

Tom Lebrando

Reaction score
A short while back I informed the members here of a insane Wallet Seconds Sale at Tanner Goods in Portland Oregon. I know a couple of members made purchases and I would be most curious to see what you guys got, considering it was a blind style purchase. I figured since each wallet cost me $18 I could throw caution to the wind and see how lucky I was...apparently I was very lucky. @FilsonDude & @Fueco what did you guys get?

Small Wallet Number 1:
Out of the 3 Small wallet choices the one that I wanted the most is called The Legacy Cardholder (think Filson Snap Wallet). The color I wanted (out of 4) was Natural; just like my Utility Bifold & 1.50” Belt.

Looks like I got exactly what I wanted, here it is sitting next to my year old Tanner Goods Natural Bifold. Retailing for $80 made from Meridian English Bridle Leather. Featuring a rough out interior and brass snaps and rivets

View attachment 1363261

“Patina Potential”:

View attachment 1363262

View attachment 1363263

The back features two riveted dollar bill clasps; check out those rich leather tones.

View attachment 1363264

View attachment 1363266

My theory on why this is a second: the monogram on the back appears to be upside down. Accidents happen and I am very fortunate because of it.

2. The 2nd wallet I was hoping for I didn’t get, and allow me to say, I have never been happier. The one I got instead turned out to be better for what I was tasking it for. The color of the leather was also something I found deep appreciation for, as I get to see how it patina’s, considering I was thinking about picking up a more formal 1.25” belt for dress khakis.

The Minimal Card Wallet In Cognac Meridian English Bridle Leather with a smooth underside for easy access. Retails for $40.

View attachment 1363272

What I like best about this, is the top access to the bill slot and the two card slots. It’s a true front pocket wallet, as the contents will stay exactly in place no matter what, even loose change. Featured below is about 9 bills and 4 cards, but this thing can definitely swallow much more. I however don’t need it to, as the Legacy Cardholder can fill that job effortlessly.

View attachment 1363273

I can’t really tell why this is a factory second as it’s absolutely flawless. Maybe there is supposed to be a roughed out underside. That’s what i call a perfect mistake. Here’s a shot of the upside down monogram on the Legay:

View attachment 1363274
Thanks for the heads up about the Tanner sale, OMG. Yes I dipped into the sample sale.

TOP - Travel Wallet - M81 Camo from this year's sale.

MID - Utility Bifold Natural from sample sale last year.

LOW - Utility Bifold Natural bought several years ago, regular price. Retired from duty.

image0.jpeg
IMG_0841.jpg

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes to slow due to covid. And yes, sort of to changing weather.
I did find myself outside at the weekend in spring sunshine and realized I was in head to knee Filson! Trying out the new dry shelter cloth shorts that had got for the Africa trip. Then Alaskan guide shirt ( which I just seem to live in the last few months) and ultralight vest. Wool watch cap. Probably to everyone’s relief there is no photo.

@OtterMeanGreen : if you are stuck at home and want Subaru content check out Mighty Car Mods on you tube. Look for the build series on Supergramps. Great fun and impressive build skills.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OtterMeanGreen it's been slow here for sure! The bueller reference made me chuckle though, what a good movie from a weird era.

I kind of like that 258, I've been thinking of a 258 for a month or so now as a work bag.
Ferris Bueller is one of those movies that is just timeless. Of course I originally liked it for other reasons. Hint: It had 12 cylinders and was red (at least the model it was based on)

I can totally see one of these in your future. Picture courtesy of @Tom Lebrando .

tom 258 talon.JPG

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could it have been for a 250GT California?
Good guess. As I eluded to in my previous post, the directors wisely used a replica for the movie. Most of us here probably know the outcome of the beautiful work of art.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.