• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello friends. Things in TX are crazy at the moment, but we’re taking it hour by hour and day by day. We have a good number of elderly and vulnerable in our congregation, so we are doing our best to keep them home and protected. Also having to think very creatively about how to stay in contact and engaged with folks when we can’t see them in person due to social distancing.

So life is very busy, as I’m sure it is for many of you. You and your families all have my prayers, for what it’s worth.

stay safe out there.
josh+
Thanks Josh (@woodsjw) and also @mgrennier and everyone.

It’s Mother’s Day here in the UK. My mother is 75+ and has chronic respiratory issues, so we are keeping a very close eye on her. Her local church usually does visits to old folks homes and does small services for them. That’s been suspended for now. However, I was asked to make a travelling cross for their portable altar, so here is a picture of it almost complete. It needs final glue and finish coating. All hand turned from local cherry. It’s about 18 inches tall.

CF1C36AD-718E-4212-90F5-E295E721D16C.jpeg

On a Filson note: a beachy walk in spring sunshine today, staying well away from others. Picnic supplies in the tin cloth tote. Drone and sundries in the field bag. Ultralight jacket, Alaskan guide, tin vest and wool cap for me.

6861CFF9-E4F4-4A18-86F1-E41610313090.jpeg

Stay well everyone!

seven20

Reaction score
After 13 days of quarantine (had major car issues 13 days ago and been working remote since before the lockdown) I finally put all my bags away until we can leave the house. Sad stack of filson. Worst thing is I really want to make a few local filson purchases, both for myself and a fellow member - yet sadly I can’t go out.

hope everyone is staying well!

Attachments

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After 13 days of quarantine (had major car issues 13 days ago and been working remote since before the lockdown) I finally put all my bags away until we can leave the house. Sad stack of filson. Worst thing is I really want to make a few local filson purchases, both for myself and a fellow member - yet sadly I can’t go out.

Nice Filson collection!

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
[

This is a sad state of affairs. Sorry to hear about the car. Dang things! Now, if a car could only be made like a Filson bag, then we would be onto something. (Insert obligatory pre-Bedrock qualifications here to assuage OMG - 😉)

Hang in there everyone. We can do this!

Also, Speedy, your cross is beautiful. I love it. Happy Mother’s Day to your mom. May she have many more.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Josh (@woodsjw) and also @mgrennier and everyone.

It’s Mother’s Day here in the UK. My mother is 75+ and has chronic respiratory issues, so we are keeping a very close eye on her. Her local church usually does visits to old folks homes and does small services for them. That’s been suspended for now. However, I was asked to make a travelling cross for their portable altar, so here is a picture of it almost complete. It needs final glue and finish coating. All hand turned from local cherry. It’s about 18 inches tall.

View attachment 1359255

On a Filson note: a beachy walk in spring sunshine today, staying well away from others. Picnic supplies in the tin cloth tote. Drone and sundries in the field bag. Ultralight jacket, Alaskan guide, tin vest and wool cap for me.

View attachment 1359266

Stay well everyone!
I love natural cherry. That is gorgeous.

Happy Mother’s Day, best wishes, and good health to your mom!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now, if a car could only be made like a Filson bag, then we would be onto something. (Insert obligatory pre-Bedrock qualifications here to assuage OMG - 😉)
I can think of a few already. Land Rover Defender (pre 2000), Jeep Wrangler TJ, YJ, CJ, Toyota FJ40/FJ60, FJ55, Hummer H1 (and nothing else), Subaru WRX STI...just because I'm getting one once things get back to normal :lol:

The ultimate Trunk Go-Bag. This is one on my radar for when I get my new car. Gonna store some boots in the bottom compartment among all the essentials. Only problem is finding one for a reasonable price that wasn't abused or carried anything too stinky. I think they patina equally as good as a Pullman, thanks to the abundant amount of exposed brass and bridle leather.

Filson Outfitter.jpg

@TinMan3 he's back, you guys were right, he didn't dupe a sucker into spending $3,200 for something you can simultaneously get for $600.

again.PNG

A much better deal (although still kinda pricey)

better.PNG

FilsonDude

Reaction score
Too bad I’m not a photographer

there’s one locally being sold for $150

seven20

Reaction score
[

This is a sad state of affairs. Sorry to hear about the car. Dang things! Now, if a car could only be made like a Filson bag, then we would be onto something. (Insert obligatory pre-Bedrock qualifications here to assuage OMG - 😉)

Hang in there everyone. We can do this!

Also, Speedy, your cross is beautiful. I love it. Happy Mother’s Day to your mom. May she have many more.
Thanks! It was an odd occurrence, the rear brakes locked up. I had to drive about half a mile bc I was between a drop off and the lake on a backroad. Probably came close to having a different outcome for the car they got so hot. Pic is the rotors when I stopped.

Attachments

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! It was an odd occurrence, the rear brakes locked up. I had to drive about half a mile bc I was between a drop off and the lake on a backroad. Probably came close to having a different outcome for the car they got so hot. Pic is the rotors when I stopped.
They look like a Formula 1 car's carbon fiber brakes during a race!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spending a week at my parents for this quarantine game. Decided on these two; I really missed using my #246, it carries so well on my shoulder or in my hand.

I’m happy to report that my twin brother has come home, and has been staying with us for going on two weeks. He went 7 months not talking to anyone, this time was the worst yet. He seems to be healing mentally and spiritually. Family is the perfect medicine he needed

ACF9EABC-94A6-443C-9DC1-94180FB70C5D.jpeg

Last edited:

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! That’s horrible. I’m glad it’s past you now. At least, I hope it is. That is some picture!

TreesInSummer

Reaction score

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
I’m happy to report that my twin brother has come home, and has been staying with us for going on two weeks. He went 7 months not talking to anyone, this time was the worst yet. He seems to be healing mentally and spiritually. Family is the perfect medicine he needed
I missed this, the most important part, when I read your post last night, OMG. Your prior posts about your brother have broken my heart. I am so happy to hear he is there and things are improving. I hope that continues to be the case.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.