1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Think the wool will hold up just fine but agree with your observations. It's a smaller bag though so I'll probably use it for gym and stuff like that maybe. Wool doesn't smell which is nice. Might just sell it though, expected a bit more from Filson

2. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

It does when it gets wet.

3. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

4. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

I couldn't find the 256 navy. Must be sold out. :angry:

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  5. hpw

hpw Member

Depending on your location, Crane's may still be a better deal after you factor in Brooks Bros shipping and tax.

6. hpw

hpw Member

Also, for those of you wondering, I emailed Filson last week to inquire whether the 70257 will be eventually released in Navy, or if it can be special ordered. Their response was that Navy is a new color that was released in a select few items, and there's no immediate plan to roll that color out to additional products at this time. However, the customer service rep said that since it is a new color, she "believes that they will most likely introduce it in other items, such as the #70257, but we do not have a timeline for when that will be happening quite yet." Also, no go on special ordering the 70257 in Navy.

So, no guarantees, but hopefully we will see a Navy 257 soon.

7. Gotham Seoul

Gotham Seoul Member

I don't think anyone would look out of place with a Filson. You might get a look because they are wondering what brand it is and even have a few approach you regarding the brand. Have confidence you'll turn heads.

8. Gotham Seoul

Gotham Seoul Member

I don't think anyone would look out of place with a Filson. You might get a look because they are wondering what brand it is and even have a few approach you regarding the brand. Have confidence you'll turn heads.

9. Gotham Seoul

Gotham Seoul Member

I admit the Filson's aren't comfortable across the shoulders. I stumbled upon another poster here. He had posted a picture of a wider strap with a wider cushioned shoulder strap pad. I inquired about it and he said that it was a repost from another Filson fan that had the strap custom made out of the same bridle leather. Guess you could do the same. I believe Filson should offer this on their site. Perhaps if we all sent emails to Filson, they might listen.

10. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Thanks for the heads up on the BB sale. Just pulled the trigger (har har) on a Pullman. They nailed me on tax but I did get free 2-day shipping so a screaming good deal in the end!

11. estoxic

estoxic Member

Hi: Just wondering how much are you asking for the Filson 256 and what's the condition of it. I am also located in Melbourne.

Thanks,
    KAI

12. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

They probably just got the name of the colour wrong. The standard green for Filson is the otter green. Different pictures of the otter green bag will look different, mainly due to different lighting conditions.

13. misterdictator

misterdictator Member

14. TurboTropic

TurboTropic Senior member

Just picked up a black Harris tweed briefcase from the new Filson store just off Carnaby street in London. I'm here on business and its the first time I have seen one in person. I'm a happy guy right now.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^wow thats really nice in actual pictures. nearer to formal than the usual filson briefcase offerings.

16. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

UPDATE: I emailed Filson today asking if there were any updates, as I had not heard and took my rucksack to the Portland store over a week ago. I got a call same-day, telling me it will be covered under warranty @no-cost, and should be completed by the end of the week.

Great customer service! So far, all the American companies I've dealt with eventually came through with great service.

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  17. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

Glad to hear it worked out. Overall I think most people had decent experiences with Filson Customer Service and the quality of the product really is top notch. And Yes as i have said before, buying filson is for the style, as there are many more technically superior products on the market.

1 person likes this.
  18. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Pullman Lifestyle Shot.
    This thing is a bottomless pit.

[​IMG]

19. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

Last edited: May 15, 2013