• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some comparison pictures of the vans rucksack and the regular rucksack:
Great comparison photos, thanks GZ! I don’t think I’ve ever seen ones like it, another benefit of this forum.

That’s exactly my kind of Rucksack. However I would never pay the prices these command.

seven20

Reaction score
Would you guys buy a new rucksack for $185? Does it carry well?

FilsonDude

Reaction score
I might’ve however goaltender equipment is already heavy enough, and even heavier after a game. I probably would’ve opted for the XL Rolling Duffel. I was old school, opting to carry my pads over my shoulder and sticks in my hand. They make bags now that can accommodate everything.

Filson x CCM...has a good ring to it
I too lug my large equipment bag over the shoulder.

FilsonxCCM XXXL Rolling Goalie Duffel Bag
In special edition twill team colors

nevadabob

Reaction score
Would you guys buy a new rucksack for $185? Does it carry well?
Depends on the color! But yes, $185 is a good price point. Sierra Trading Post often has black for $160. I din't have any experience yet with one and don't know anyone who carries one so can't soeak to that.

nevadabob

Reaction score
Speedy, I had a wool watch cap and loved it. In a cigar and alcohol induced fit of kindness I gave it away one cold night. I've always wished I had it back. Now I rock the smokey beanie and it's just not the same.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speedy, I had a wool watch cap and loved it. In a cigar and alcohol induced fit of kindness I gave it away one cold night. I've always wished I had it back. Now I rock the smokey beanie and it's just not the same.
My friend, that is what loose living does to you ;-). But I bet you have a grateful guy out there somewhere. Karma...
I am very pleased with the warmth and comfort. Once again, Filson know how to do wool right.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any fans of the author William Gibson? He’s sci-fi, most famous for coining the term cyberspace. He’s long been associated with the edgy and emerging and captures the zeitgeist well.

In his new book “Agency” there is a character in San Francisco where...

9F94372E-9F3F-400E-9483-993C7665DFE4.jpeg

nevadabob

Reaction score
Speedy! Can you make a basic 11 or 12 inch dinner plate? I've been toying with the idea of moving from ceramic to wood for dinnerware.

Raided my local Filson store this morning...D19E2195-CE66-4233-BD00-709AB1F66889.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.