• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rymanocerous

Reaction score
OK, was just wondering if you managed to get the "old musty tent" smell out and were using it.
I gave it a shot after clearing it will the seller. I couldn't improve it even a little. In fact it was so bad, even my dog avoided it like the plague. Wouldn't even go into the room the day after I took it out. And the smell lingered on my hands for a few days after.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG, what’s your reasoning behind that theory of yours. It being one of the rarest pieces. You’re not wrong, but there’s certainly a lot of rare or seldom seen bags out there.
It’s obviously just my opinion, however there is certainly some truth to it being its very limited production run, scarcity on secondary markets. I’ve searched everyday for years for Filson bags and have NEVER seen one pop up. That’s not been the case for every other Filson release or collaboration out there.

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I gave it a shot after clearing it will the seller. I couldn't improve it even a little. In fact it was so bad, even my dog avoided it like the plague. Wouldn't even go into the room the day after I took it out. And the smell lingered on my hands for a few days after.
WOW, I have a 24hr bag that has a bit of a musty odor, but not that bad. Just waiting for spring/summer to let it bask in the direct sunlight for a couple of days as nothing I have tried will get rid of the old canvas tent smell. It's not overpowering but is noticeable when up close to it.

FilsonDude

Reaction score
It’s obviously just my opinion, however there is certainly some truth to it being its very limited production run, scarcity on secondary markets. I’ve searched everyday for years for Filson bags and have NEVER seen one pop up. That’s not been the case for every other Filson release or collaboration out there.
you’re certainly dedicated in your research of all things Filson. I’m curious who actually bought them when first released. Was it really the skateboarders / action sports consumers, Vans fans, or the hardcore Filson fanatics.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you’re certainly dedicated in your research of all things Filson. I’m curious who actually bought them when first released. Was it really the skateboarders / action sports consumers, Vans fans, or the hardcore Filson fanatics.
Haha thanks, I try.

A good question. Who ever bought them sure are holding onto them. the same good be said for Filson x Burton, were there really snowboarders and skiers who bought them? Unlikely I think. Nice new Avatar pic btw

P.S. one of these days @Kwaker is going to update me on his Burton Collaboration roller.

FilsonDude

Reaction score
Haha thanks, I try.

A good question. Who ever bought them sure are holding onto them. the same good be said for Filson x Burton, were there really snowboarders and skiers who bought them? Unlikely I think. Nice new Avatar pic btw

P.S. one of these days @Kwaker is going to update me on his Burton Collaboration roller.
I think boarders would’ve bought in that collection. I certainly would have if I was partaking still of the sport. Especially the jackets. And Burton released quite a bit of luggage in their time, some would’ve been inclined to try the FilsonxBurton wheelies.

FilsonDude

Reaction score
OMG, you mentioned before you played some goalie. Would you have sprang for a Filson collab’d goalie bag? It’d be hella heavy but I’d be tempted to buy a Filson hockey bag.

seven20

Reaction score
I think boarders would’ve bought in that collection. I certainly would have if I was partaking still of the sport. Especially the jackets. And Burton released quite a bit of luggage in their time, some would’ve been inclined to try the FilsonxBurton wheelies.
I too would have purchased some of it if I hadn’t hung up the snow boots by then. Never see it for sale either now

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
That extra length really makes it a different bag, if you ask me. And, that’s saying nothing about the internal organization.

I love them both. They are such a great style. I just love that classic look.

Thanks so much for posting those pictures. It really puts the differences into perspective, literally. LOL

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The relative rarity of the Filson collaborations suggests if you see a new one offered then grab it because it won’t be long for this world!

Having said that, I thought the FilsonxFrost River bag was a bit odd. Like Coke and Pepsi coming up with a new cola together.

Attachments

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some comparison pictures of the vans rucksack and the regular rucksack:
Well that clears up a long-standing question for me. I’d seen a photo of that interior organization somewhere else and could never work out if it was a modification or an early version.
I too like the longer length but don’t like the narrow straps/pad setup.
I bet the original (and current) price differential is pretty steep though.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG, you mentioned before you played some goalie. Would you have sprang for a Filson collab’d goalie bag? It’d be hella heavy but I’d be tempted to buy a Filson hockey bag.
I might’ve however goaltender equipment is already heavy enough, and even heavier after a game. I probably would’ve opted for the XL Rolling Duffel. I was old school, opting to carry my pads over my shoulder and sticks in my hand. They make bags now that can accommodate everything.

Filson x CCM...has a good ring to it

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.