• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

seven20

Reaction score
My Navy Journeyman always gets positive comments and queries from the SAs when I walk into a Filson store. Apparently, it wasn’t offered very long. It’s really grown on member time and use.
wish we had a filson store in Atlanta

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are about 4 hours to Louisville. This is my 4th time going. Pretty amazing. This trip will include tours and visits to: Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey, Woodford Reserve, Peerless (one of our favorites), Old Forester, Bulleit, and Angels Envy.
Plus we will have an old fashioned at Doc Crowe’s which is about as classic as you can get!
Should be fun.
Buffalo Trace is my favorite distillery, they have such a wide portfolio. I hear the are the most lax when it comes to free tastings. Woodford on the other hand I've heard mixed reviews, which could possibly be a shame because that was the Bourbon that got me into the hobby. I don't currently have any bottles in my growing collection. Old Forester, however, is quickly becoming a go-to. Their Rye expression took the industry by surprise last year and became an instant hit. It's now one of my favorite Rye's. My next acquisition is most likely going to be the OF 1920 Prohibition Style Bourbon (115 Proof).

Apparently, it wasn’t offered very long

All the more reason to love my Navy First Edition even more now. I use it everyday since I now work remotely and take full advantage of all of those well-thought of pockets. However I mostly work out of my vehicle and not from an upscale cafe, which has plenty of positives but many negatives as well. I miss using my 257 and can feel a resurgence coming soon.

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buffalo Trace is my favorite distillery, they have such a wide portfolio. I hear the are the most lax when it comes to free tastings. Woodford on the other hand I've heard mixed reviews, which could possibly be a shame because that was the Bourbon that got me into the hobby. I don't currently have any bottles in my growing collection. Old Forester, however, is quickly becoming a go-to. Their Rye expression took the industry by surprise last year and became an instant hit. It's now one of my favorite Rye's. My next acquisition is most likely going to be the OF 1920 Prohibition Style Bourbon (115 Proof).

All the more reason to love my Navy First Edition even more now. I use it everyday since I now work remotely and take full advantage of all of those well-thought of pockets. However I mostly work out of my vehicle and not from an upscale cafe, which has plenty of positives but many negatives as well. I miss using my 257 and can feel a resurgence coming soon.
I have a VP briefcase in between the 256 and 257 in size and used it for a couple of months. The soft canvas briefcase format was good for those few days around the holidays where I had to carry something a bit bulky to/from the office (food, gifts). But in my daily use, I found I just prefer the rigidity, form and yes, presence of my all leather Filson field satchel. And for travel, my Journeyman backpack has proven nearly perfect as a 'backpack briefcase'. The canvas briefcase doesn't seem to have solid place in my rotation, oddly enough.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Rymanocerous

That’s actually an old picture of when I scored the WLW at retail price ($117).

Here’s a more up to date photo. I opened it immediately after winning the raffle, and celebrated my two months worth of work in pursuing it. The GTS I waited 1.5 years before cracking it.

4C565861-C201-4E6B-82D0-219690E0D2B7.jpeg

Rymanocerous

Reaction score
@Rymanocerous

That’s actually an old picture of when I scored the WLW at retail price ($117).

Here’s a more up to date photo. I opened it immediately after winning the raffle, and celebrated my two months worth of work in pursuing it. The GTS I waited 1.5 years before cracking it.

View attachment 1344558
You're self control is inspiring. Recently found a Stagg Jr local (which is hard here) and it lasted 8 days. Now I wish I had more.

nevadabob

Reaction score
Hey, audog, (which, btw is that gold dog or auburn university dog?) If you send me your address I'll mail you a bronze Filson key ring to use for your fix. Not sure how, but I have about six extras laying around at home.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, audog, (which, btw is that gold dog or auburn university dog?) If you send me your address I'll mail you a bronze Filson key ring to use for your fix. Not sure how, but I have about six extras laying around at home.
It's Gold Dog (I am 66 and have had Golden Retrievers all my life, except for 2 years about a decade ago) Sent you a PM

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the Carryology Facebook Group

Hey Seattle folks... ever wanted to do a behind the scenes tour of the Filson production facility and then have drinks with the Filson design team and other Carryology readers? Just asking 😉🤫
(Edit: stay tuned for an update later tonight)

— in Seattle, Washington.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found some interesting eBay listings to share with you guys.

1. Haven't seen an FRD like this before. Beautiful Talon Era Brown leather.

FRD.PNG

2. Patina and Rucksack usually don't go hand in hand, however that is not the case here. Nice to see these bags getting their paws dirty

ruck patina.PNG

3. Not a Filson...so why is the "Brand" listed as such?

not a filson.PNG

4. Finally. These clearly aren't all duffel bags. I'm not sure if the middle Filson is an MTB or an over-stuffed STB like the first one is. Either way a beautifully aged Lot, reminds me of a @speedy611 score

STB.PNG

Rymanocerous

Reaction score
4. Finally. These clearly aren't all duffel bags. I'm not sure if the middle Filson is an MTB or an over-stuffed STB like the first one is. Either way a beautifully aged Lot, reminds me of a @speedy611 score

View attachment 1345250
Welp I thought I was flying under the radar scoping this one out but I guess the seceret is out now. Really interested in the smaller bags and agreed, these are beautiful Talon examples.

seven20

Reaction score
Welp I thought I was flying under the radar scoping this one out but I guess the seceret is out now. Really interested in the smaller bags and agreed, these are beautiful Talon examples.
I have also been following those, thought I'm not planning to bid.

I did pick up the tan 24 hour today!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.