• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

seven20

Reaction score
Yeah he literally bought that bag from me for $275, tried to claim it never arrived, then when I told him there was nothing I could do because the tracking showed as delivered to his address he quickly reposted the item for $3k using my photos. So you are spot on that he literally stole my listing photos. I reported him to eBay but that never goes anywhere. Oh well, part of it.
I noticed that this bag used a previous sellers images and was trying to piece together what was happening. Didn’t realize that the other seller was a member here.
This dude seems to be a scam artist - I guarantee that the bag will be listed again, it’s been marked sold several times in his listings since early Jan

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh :fonz: Page 415 is coincidentally the page I started posting with you fine Filsonados. It all started with a Rucksack spot during the beginning of City of Angels

I wouldn't be surprised, Bedrock got early in the habit of discontinuing bags that became obsolete (in their eyes). Think MTB...because of the revised Medium Duffel. Think #70257...because of they already had the #70256/#70258/24HR. Think Large Pullman...because of the new Small Pullman. Finally the Small Duffel could easily be replaced by the Bedrock designed 48HR Duffel. There's a plethora amount of other examples but you get my point I think.

The only thing that makes NO SENSE to me is the vast amount of Backpacks Bedrock Filson introduced over a two year span. They have to be considering or attempting to crack into the massive school criteria (elementary into College), which would explain the wide range of prices, options and fabrics.
I didn't see anything out of the ordinary when I looked up small duffles on Filson.com recently. Sure hope it's not going to be discontinued. But I can see a lot of people purchasing the more feature rich 48h (especially for business travel) instead of the old school, minimalistic small duffle so maybe sales are dropping.

seven20

Reaction score
I didn't see anything out of the ordinary when I looked up small duffles on Filson.com recently. Sure hope it's not going to be discontinued. But I can see a lot of people purchasing the more feature rich 48h (especially for business travel) instead of the old school, minimalistic small duffle so maybe sales are dropping.
Yesterday was the first day I noticed they were ‘Limited Edition’. Would be a shame as I feel it’s my most versatile bag

Attachments

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was the first day I noticed they were ‘Limited Edition’. Would be a shame as I feel it’s my most versatile bag
Thanks seven20 - I didn't catch the little "Limited Edition". That does seem to give support that the small duffle is not long for this world. Yes, it's a versatile bag. I can put a lot in it (for its size) and it is easy to carry or stow.

seven20

Reaction score
Thanks seven20 - I didn't catch the little "Limited Edition". That does seem to give support that the small duffle is not long for this world. Yes, it's a versatile bag. I can put a lot in it (for its size) and it is easy to carry or stow.
I do have to admit, to your previous point, the 48 hour is a great looking bag and would be nice for travel. I can see a scenario where my evil twin doesn’t carry a 220/257 combo, but instead a 24/48 hour combo when traveling. I wish some of the newer bags were twill though.

mgrennier

Reaction score
Road trip to bourbon country with my medium dry duffle and the Journeyman. the ”dry” part of the dry duffle is unnecessary, but I like the size and weight of this bag.
7FECAA11-B7B6-4ED9-95B6-97F0447A01FF.jpeg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Road trip to bourbon country with my medium dry duffle and the Journeyman. the ”dry” part of the dry duffle is unnecessary, but I like the size and weight of this bag.
View attachment 1344032
Are you going for the Bourbon or something else? How far of a road trip is it?

I am planning a trip during the late spring early summer to the Bourbon Trail. I have a buddy that lives 20 minutes outside the major distilleries. He works for a company that builds and repairs the machinery that makes the White Oak Barrels for some big distilleries. I'll have to let you know when I'm planning on going, so we can meet up.

Journeyman is looking good Mgrennier, it's fading really nicely.

Speaking of the Journeyman, here’s mine with one of my new Smokey pins. I think it’s the perfect placement and the finish looks great against the navy.

F52F91CC-56ED-4553-999C-3FDBC88F1FD3.jpeg

D2033A46-10CC-4D25-A277-6DDC9B54501F.jpeg

Also here’s a closeup of my new #260 with its Smokey pin. The red really shines next to the Tan and amber-like leather shade

00851EB4-E518-456B-9CC1-70BAD826A568.jpeg

2E19FE35-A9C1-4AA8-8627-369A90FAFA40.jpeg

mgrennier

Reaction score

I am planning a trip during the late spring early summer to the Bourbon Trail. I have a buddy that lives 20 minutes outside the major distilleries. He works for a company that builds and repairs the machinery that makes the White Oak Barrels for some big distilleries. I'll have to let you know when I'm planning on going, so we can meet up.

Speaking of the Journeyman, here’s mine with one of my new Smokey pins. I think it’s the perfect placement and the finish looks great against the navy.

View attachment 1344085

View attachment 1344086

Also here’s a closeup of my new #260 with its Smokey pin. The red really shines next to the Tan and amber-like leather shade

View attachment 1344088

View attachment 1344089
We are about 4 hours to Louisville. This is my 4th time going. Pretty amazing. This trip will include tours and visits to: Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey, Woodford Reserve, Peerless (one of our favorites), Old Forester, Bulleit, and Angels Envy.
Plus we will have an old fashioned at Doc Crowe’s which is about as classic as you can get!
Should be fun.

seven20

Reaction score

View attachment 1344085

View attachment 1344086

View attachment 1344088

View attachment 1344089
The journeyman is my next bag for myself - and I am so torn in color. I have mostly OG bags now. Was thinking tan, but the blue also looks nice. Tough decision.
Pins look good! Btw, crazy story about the car and glad you’re okay.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The journeyman is my next bag for myself - and I am so torn in color. I have mostly OG bags now. Was thinking tan, but the blue also looks nice. Tough decision.
Pins look good! Btw, crazy story about the car and glad you’re okay.
Thanks!

I was back and forth on what color to buy if and when a first edition Journeyman popped up on the Bay, as seen on many pages on this forum. I was even considering a first edition Brooks Brothers Tan w/ Tartan inlays. I wafted on a couple of Otter Green firsts that were incredible deals. When I decided on Navy, I wasn’t going to chance another loss, so I committed to buying and the cards aligned for me. Only paid $220 luckily. To me I think the Navy Tin Cloth patina’s the best on the Journeyman

As much as I love Otter Green (it is apart of my name after all), it’s awesome having some variety and makes my Otter Green look even better when contrasted next to Tan or Navy. With this #260 I now have just as many Tan as I do OG. However I am still team d’OG

Rymanocerous

Reaction score
We are about 4 hours to Louisville. This is my 4th time going. Pretty amazing. This trip will include tours and visits to: Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey, Woodford Reserve, Peerless (one of our favorites), Old Forester, Bulleit, and Angels Envy.
Plus we will have an old fashioned at Doc Crowe’s which is about as classic as you can get!
Should be fun.
If you end up with some Weller or GTS scores I may literally die of jealousy.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone see this listing on The Bay recently? Is this guy serious? Unless this was owned by a famous photographer, there's no reason to ask so much for something you can buy (currently) for under $500. Also this guy is clearly ripping off the posting style of @GzStudio and @TinMan3 . I even tried contacting him to explain why he was asking for so much, in a none combative way of course. Obviously he never got back to me. Also what makes this bag "rare"? Don't even answer that because if you have a look on his account, he uses that word in almost every listing.

View attachment 1343915

On sale at same time.

View attachment 1343916

EDIT: I just saw that it sold, please tell me he ended his listing himself by listing it as sold, because if someone willingly paid that price (without research) then they deserve to have their finances removed immediately. The extra $20 for shipping is the epitome of greed

View attachment 1343917
That listing reminds me of the old Hee Haw skit where Junior Samples had his big stack of watermelons marked "$1 million each."

Roy Clark: "Junior, is that sign right?"
Junior: "Yep."
Roy: "Junior, how many watermelons do you expect to sell at that price?"
Junior: "I just need to sell one."

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I was back and forth on what color to buy if and when a first edition Journeyman popped up on the Bay, as seen on many pages on this forum. I was even considering a first edition Brooks Brothers Tan w/ Tartan inlays. I wafted on a couple of Otter Green firsts that were incredible deals. When I decided on Navy, I wasn’t going to chance another loss, so I committed to buying and the cards aligned for me. Only paid $220 luckily. To me I think the Navy Tin Cloth patina’s the best on the Journeyman

As much as I love Otter Green (it is apart of my name after all), it’s awesome having some variety and makes my Otter Green look even better when contrasted next to Tan or Navy. With this #260 I now have just as many Tan as I do OG. However I am still team d’OG
My Navy Journeyman always gets positive comments and queries from the SAs when I walk into a Filson store. Apparently, it wasn’t offered very long. It’s really grown on me over time and use.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.