• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more, and for me I was in dire need of a new cooler bag for work lunches so I purchased this for $50 instead of another descent quality bag for $25-30. The size also helped as I sometimes pack breakfast and snacks for tennis matches also.
Then go get your dad one! :)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

DuckMan_11

Reaction score
These are still available on Filson’s sale page on their website. Giddy up though. The sale is ending any second.

I bought the plain version and really liked it. I liked is so much that I doubled down and bought the Shadowgrass Camo version. I love that pattern and I’m not even a duck hunter...yet. I paid more than the fifty dollars they are asking now. (sigh)

I will add this: I don’t think these are a miracle cooler or anything crazy like that. They work fine/good/very good. I do love the size...it’s bigger than you think...a six pack will fit inside with room to spare. The side pockets are handy and also hold more than you would think. Great place to keep napkins, utensils, openers, etc. the build quality is very high, of course. They look incredible to my eye. I’m as biased as they get though. So, there you have it. I do love both of mine and hope to use the daylights out of them. It’s an expensive cooler even at $50 but it is pure Filson and it is difficult to get anything pure Filson for $50.
I hope my ramblings help someone.
I was on the Fence, almost bought one at outlet this summer. Ended up buying one of each just now. Thanks for the arm twisting.

DuckMan_11

Reaction score

nevadabob

Reaction score
I know that video is supposed to show off the new dry bags & DU stuff, but I can't keep my eyes off the Smokey Bear totes!

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, @TinMan3 has some pictures and it looks like they are coming out with a new Smokey line as well as some really cool Wool products as well that they showed at ShotShow.
And what was that last bag? It looked like a cross between a pullman and a medium duffle. Certainly taller than a small duffle. New form factor?
For what it’s worth, I’ve never heard of ducks unlimited, but it’s clearly a big enough deal that they’ve gone for the outside logo patch similar to the Nanamica collaborations previously.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that video is supposed to show off the new dry bags & DU stuff, but I can't keep my eyes off the Smokey Bear totes!
Me too, especially since I’m in the market for a Tote. Since I already owned a #261 (sold to GZSTUDIO), I have my eye on a unique #260 Open Tote, possibly Nanamica or FRD. Price is key. I don’t think I could buy a Filson model that I have already owned, as that would be a first, so I’m open to new possibilities. Never considered the #260 until I saw @TinMan3 FRD and the eBay FRD listing i wafted on recently.

Last edited:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last week while commuting to work one of the rivets (?) busted on my strap on my leather field satchel. I took it to my local shoe repair thinking I would save the trouble of sending it back to Filson to repair and all the environmental impact, but apparently they want $65 to do it. I said no thanks. A little appalling to charge that much to install a rivet.

I've submitted a repair request to Filson.

In the mean time I was using the leather strap from my 256 with my field satchel and didn't realize that strap and the one for my field satchel are different lengths.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 76 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 149 33.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 133 29.6%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%