• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DNSamurai

Reaction score
That’s a Wool Small Duffle in i believe Gray & Black (GB color code). Its Build Date was December 2011. Is it yours or one you aspire to buy?
It's mine. Bought it on a whim. Were these a limited edition? I hadn't seen one before. Very nice bag; it seems practically brand new. Not sure I'll keep it though.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's mine. Bought it on a whim. Were these a limited edition? I hadn't seen one before. Very nice bag; it seems practically brand new. Not sure I'll keep it though.
The all wool duffles are indeed pretty rare. Definitely rarer then the Harris Tweed Collabs and the other more common Wool Duffles that incorporate other materials on the sides.

Yours was built just before the Bedrock acquisition in 1st quarter 2012 so it’s technically still a “pre-Bedrock Era”, even though it bears the "70" before the quintessential pre-Bedrock 3 digit identifier

Last edited:

TinMan3

Reaction score
The all wool duffles are indeed pretty rare. Definitely rarer then the Harris Tweed Collabs and the other more common Wool Duffles that incorporate other materials on the sides.

Yours was built just before the Bedrock acquisition in 1st quarter 2012 so it’s technically still a “pre-Bedrock Era”, even though it bears the "70" before the quintessential pre-Bedrock 3 digit identifier
Another fun fact is the wool duffles had a notably higher retail price than the twill. Not sure if wool is just a more expensive material or just the limited edition aspect driving the price but always thought that was interesting.

Rymanocerous

Reaction score
@Rymanocerous doesn't get much better then this with a Tan Talon Pullman, albeit a small mark on the front

Thanks OMG. Added to my watch list. Now I just have to try to outlast the pros.

seven20

Reaction score
Picked this up when they dropped to $49.95 last week on Folsom’s site. I’ve wanted one for a while, but the price was too steep at $145

seven20

Reaction score
You should’ve bought 3
I do regret not picking my dad up one. He was here when mine came and really liked it. Not sure why my phone keeps changing Filson either. Guess I’ll add it to the default dictionary

bart

Reaction score
I have one of the lunch coolers above and use it almost daily. Great to carry lunch in.

chiggyv

Reaction score
Just listed my Medium Travel Bag in BST, mention this thread for 10% off the asking price.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
I do regret not picking my dad up one. He was here when mine came and really liked it. Not sure why my phone keeps changing Filson either. Guess I’ll add it to the default dictionary
These are still available on Filson’s sale page on their website. Giddy up though. The sale is ending any second.

I bought the plain version and really liked it. I liked is so much that I doubled down and bought the Shadowgrass Camo version. I love that pattern and I’m not even a duck hunter...yet. I paid more than the fifty dollars they are asking now. (sigh)

I will add this: I don’t think these are a miracle cooler or anything crazy like that. They work fine/good/very good. I do love the size...it’s bigger than you think...a six pack will fit inside with room to spare. The side pockets are handy and also hold more than you would think. Great place to keep napkins, utensils, openers, etc. the build quality is very high, of course. They look incredible to my eye. I’m as biased as they get though. So, there you have it. I do love both of mine and hope to use the daylights out of them. It’s an expensive cooler even at $50 but it is pure Filson and it is difficult to get anything pure Filson for $50.
I hope my ramblings help someone.

seven20

Reaction score
These are still available on Filson’s sale page on their website. Giddy up though. The sale is ending any second.

I bought the plain version and really liked it. I liked is so much that I doubled down and bought the Shadowgrass Camo version. I love that pattern and I’m not even a duck hunter...yet. I paid more than the fifty dollars they are asking now. (sigh)

I will add this: I don’t think these are a miracle cooler or anything crazy like that. They work fine/good/very good. I do love the size...it’s bigger than you think...a six pack will fit inside with room to spare. The side pockets are handy and also hold more than you would think. Great place to keep napkins, utensils, openers, etc. the build quality is very high, of course. They look incredible to my eye. I’m as biased as they get though. So, there you have it. I do love both of mine and hope to use the daylights out of them. It’s an expensive cooler even at $50 but it is pure Filson and it is difficult to get anything pure Filson for $50.
I hope my ramblings help someone.
Couldn’t agree more, and for me I was in dire need of a new cooler bag for work lunches so I purchased this for $50 instead of another descent quality bag for $25-30. The size also helped as I sometimes pack breakfast and snacks for tennis matches also.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 151 32.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 136 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 23 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 1.9%