• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DuckMan_11

Reaction score
We just picked up a tree skirt from the Eagan outlet. It's an item I've had my eye on for a while and finally wore my wife down enough to bring it home at a discount.
Anything else there catch your eye? I should be there on Wednesday.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feelin’ patriotic today gents. (British and French counterparts are welcome to join in given the color scheme ;))

View attachment 1281683
Brexit totes! Stock I assume? Not even you need 3 totes...
Filson London told me the new red duffles and tote aren’t selling well here as they aren’t the same deep red as the mackinaw colour.

TinMan3

Reaction score
Filson London told me the new red duffles and tote aren’t selling well here as they aren’t the same deep red as the mackinaw colour.
Yes, I listed all of them today. I also listed a green one, which matches the backpack I sold a year or so back. These were great totes, but alas, you are correct. My Talon 261 is still my favorite zipped tote and my FRD open tote is my forever 260. I guess things can change but man do I love the ones I have.

65A24487-4524-4429-BD33-8E169CA1A62A.jpeg

46DABF44-5E0D-4077-BD56-D583CCD8E177.jpeg

I tried to convince my wife that she wanted a nanamica tote, but she refused. Instead, she has now decided that she wants a green ranger backpack.... which were just on sale for $99 and I didnt buy any lol.

FilsonDude

Reaction score
It’s super rare. It’s the only one I’ve ever seen, also the only green one I’ve ever seen. Question is is there anyone out there that care? Lol I’m sure they will sell, but might take a while.
I care 😄
That’s quite the cool collection.

TinMan3

Reaction score
I like the red color, but you’re right it is lighter red than true mackinaw red. It also feels a little bit lighter in weight sort of like the sepia color. I think it will look very cool with patina, but we will have to wait for that. @pnwprice get to work on that duffle!

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I listed all of them today. I also listed a green one, which matches the backpack I sold a year or so back. These were great totes, but alas, you are correct. My Talon 261 is still my favorite zipped tote and my FRD open tote is my forever 260. I guess things can change but man do I love the ones I have.

View attachment 1281983
View attachment 1281984

I tried to convince my wife that she wanted a nanamica tote, but she refused. Instead, she has now decided that she wants a green ranger backpack.... which were just on sale for $99 and I didnt buy any lol.
I really like this color combination. A bit lighter than the Otter Green shade. Nice contrast with the tan leather and red badge. I have been using my tan YKK 261 as a gym bag as of late.

I bought two rangers at $99ea - one in black and one in green for a trip to Oz in the summer. I really like their simplicity and cargo room (my Journeyman compromises capacity with its compartmentalization). My son now uses the black one daily for school and overloads it with a LOT of weight. I took a look at the straps the other day and it is absolutely in perfect shape. He has never had a backpack last more than one school year. So I am curious to see how long the Ranger lasts. It's a great test of its durability and unlike the cheaper nylon ones from Jansport or Marmot, it's repairable.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the red color, but you’re right it is lighter red than true mackinaw red. It also feels a little bit lighter in weight sort of like the sepia color. I think it will look very cool with patina, but we will have to wait for that. @pnwprice get to work on that duffle!
Of course with the green option you can also do the Italian flag 🇮🇹!
Glad you are still enjoying the old 261 and 260.
I must admit that I haven’t used my 261 for a while, but am glad to have it. My wife however continues to use her Nanamica 261 as the go-to for overnights.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this brown tote was a birthday present from my in-laws and I am loving it so far. Fits more than I was thinking and will see plenty of weekly use toting my crap around. Debating on having it monogrammed for a little added touch. Has anyone done that here?

K. Nights

Reaction score
Is that the cinder color? I don't recall ever seeing a dark brown in the tote (correct me if I'm wrong)

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that the cinder color? I don't recall ever seeing a dark brown in the tote (correct me if I'm wrong)
It's dark brown. Got it from Sierra Trading for $99. I've seen a few older models in cinder, denim, and other limited offerings but for some reason dark brown seemed like the right fit between casual and business casual in the workplace.

Wandering

Reaction score
It's dark brown. Got it from Sierra Trading for $99. I've seen a few older models in cinder, denim, and other limited offerings but for some reason dark brown seemed like the right fit between casual and business casual in the workplace.
Are you sure about that? Seems really really like the cinder colour to me.

In fact, if that is dark brown, I'm worried about my eyesight ;)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.