• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mgrennier

Reaction score
Just back from a week long hunting trip. I snapped this pic before leaving. 265- “large compartment case” carried all dog hunting/general dog supplies and first aid supplies for two dogs. 70261-“ zippered tote” all dog food,feeding supplies and treats. 70056- “unscoped gun case” carried a 20ga O/U shotgun and extra choke tubes. Large camo tin cloth tote with zipper carried 3 pairs of hunting boots size 12 and shooting glasses. I had the 266 packed but swapped it out for the 265 and swapped out the Journeyman backpack for the Korchmar backpack for more organization in the car. Still in search of the XL duffel but until then the Boyt 36” sportsman did the job...but did not look as good doing it!
OK - you win the internet (Filson edition) today. That's a bad-ass description of how you're SUPPOSED to use your Filson gear. Love the descriptions and the uses of each bag.

Thanks for sharing . . .

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey OMG,
Look familiar?
Joined the Journeyman club and quite enjoying it. This is my first item in navy blue. All the compartments and pockets do make organization a breeze.
Nice fade. My navy Journeyman is fading too - and the contrast between the twill and tin cloth portions is more noticeable.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What backpack is this?? A longer version of the rucksack? Can’t find it online..

Also, is the sepia color much different than the tan on the zipper tote bags?

Agree with all of this. Short journeys work ok if there is clarity about where the vehicle is allowed - eg sidewalk or bike lane. The whole e-scooter rental thing is causing that discussion to be had in some urban areas. Less discussed are the real practicalities of load carrying and weather protection. Any commuting cyclist knows that mudguards, rain jacket and a bike-mounted bag are necessary if the bike is to be properly practical. One of the reasons the folding Brompton is so useful is because of the ability to clip a briefcase to the front of it:

View attachment 1269942

Attachments

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What backpack is this?? A longer version of the rucksack? Can’t find it online..

It’s the rolling carry on. If you look closely you can see the zip round the edge and the top handle.

pnwprice

Reaction score

That’s the rolling carry on. Fun fact though, there was a longer rucksack very briefly. It was a vans collaboration.
05DA541B-DC72-4153-AA0B-AC784D9FB086.jpeg

nevadabob

Reaction score
I've been loosely looking for one as well. Any hints from you folk where one may be for sale would be appreciated!

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember that vans one that’s why when I spotted they carry on I thought maybe they released it again. The vans one was super limited and sold out quick.

Anyone know where the best deal one zipper totes is?

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had encountered Dick Proenneke? He built a cabin in Alaska by hand in the late 1960s and was pretty self sufficient there for 25 odd years.

4DC1A06F-203D-4463-AED3-AA8DE673FAEB.jpeg

I just read his book, which was inspiring both for his clarity of purpose and ability to craft a lot with simple tools and hard work.

I found a few clips of his life on YouTube. In one he seems to be wearing Tin Pants, which you’d imagine to be pretty ideal for the circumstances. He seems to have been a real outdoorsman, with a great appreciation for nature and solitude.

Book link:

GzStudio

Reaction score
I've visited the cabin site and watched the movie made about him (Alone in the Wilderness) as well as read the book. Very inspiring.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've visited the cabin site and watched the movie made about him (Alone in the Wilderness) as well as read the book. Very inspiring.
That’s very cool to have visited the cabin. What an experience. I can’t imagine being there for such long periods, and especially over winter. Interesting mental fortitude and good skills.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 87 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 31.8%
  • 8”

Votes: 143 28.8%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 58 11.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 26 5.2%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%