• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TinMan3

Reaction score
I went to the grand opening tonight at the Naperville IL store. It was awesome. Whiskey tasting, beer and bbq was readily available with a live band and lots of Filson fans. I may have even recruiting a new member to the forum or two. I’m excited to have a retail store so close and look forward to the many events to come!
85AB4369-551B-4101-A02D-8B99C921F6D3.jpeg
4488AB49-709C-4BB5-A470-23CA20AEFA2D.jpeg
99A06AB5-A171-4523-8426-39286C2634F5.jpeg
7D787328-6115-498E-99A6-420159BF13FE.jpeg

pnwprice

Reaction score

bucky0486

Reaction score
I went to the grand opening tonight at the Naperville IL store. It was awesome. Whiskey tasting, beer and bbq was readily available with a live band and lots of Filson fans. I may have even recruiting a new member to the forum or two. I’m excited to have a retail store so close and look forward to the many events to come! View attachment 1252363View attachment 1252364View attachment 1252365View attachment 1252366
This is the only store that's even close to me. I'll be headed there next time I fly through Chicago.

K. Nights

Reaction score
What is the difference between the tan and sepia colors? They look extremely similar on my screen, with the tan maybe having more of a yellow cast to it. Is that accurate?

pnwprice

Reaction score
What is the difference between the tan and sepia colors? They look extremely similar on my screen, with the tan maybe having more of a yellow cast to it. Is that accurate?
think of sepia as a faded or pre-worn tan, basically. Tan is more yellow for sure.

K. Nights

Reaction score
I picked up the zipper tote in cinder and I really like it. Very spacious. I do feel like the cotton twill used on it is thinner than on my 256, but I'm not sure I would want a tote to be super stiff anyway

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the zipper tote in cinder and I really like it. Very spacious. I do feel like the cotton twill used on it is thinner than on my 256, but I'm not sure I would want a tote to be super stiff anyway
I bought a zipper tote as I saw a gap in my line-up for something larger than a briefcase when I wanted to carry a laptop, textbooks, NR headphones, charger, power cords etc. but easier access than a backpack.

The design seems like the optimal under the seat/personal item for flights too. I think it would pair well with a small roller suitcase.

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps we aren’t all style-less dinosaurs after all. This pic featured in a UK Sunday newspaper in a feature on how stylish men in Paris are decorating their apartments...

View attachment 1253717
I’m afraid having a Filson bag is probably the only item I have in common with stylish men from Paris.

On a related note, I suppose in France, having ‘Un Filson’ briefcase is possibly a lot less common than stateside. Unless they have opened up a store there too.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.