• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

speedy611

Reaction score
You can console yourself with the knowledge that you got all those extra years of use out of your garment bag.

It is interesting to see garment bags decline in popularity so much. I figure it is probably the result of the prevalence of the ‘business casual’ dress code which makes carrying several suits on a business trip less a requirement for most business travelers than in years past. Plus people like the convenience/comfort of modern roller bags vs schlepping a heavy garment bag on one shoulder.

I examined the Filson garment bag at The Rack. They are really heavy duty.
Completely agree. Of my recent group of bags that I got as a bundle, the garment bag was the first to get sold. What a bag though. Couldn’t fault the build quality nor the aesthetics. Just a shame that it’s utility has waned.

You are spot on with your terminology of the sling bag. A fanny pack here has an entirely different meaning!

Kwaker

Reaction score
Just picked this new to me Filson x Burton 2-wheeler to replace my 12-yo High Sierra AT3.

Based upon my initial inspection, Filson provided the twill, zips and snaps to the Chinese manufacturer. The leather bits do not look and feel like the typical Wickett & Craig stock.

If there's interest, I can provide more pictures and additional specifications when I find a little more time to go over it with a finer toothed comb.

This is just my second collab peice. I once owned the Filson x Levi's trucker ... I sold it after a couple of years since I was never able to adjust to the clammy-feel of the waxed canvas.

Attachments

FilsonDude

Reaction score
Just picked this new to me Filson x Burton 2-wheeler to replace my 12-yo High Sierra AT3.

Based upon my initial inspection, Filson provided the twill, zips and snaps to the Chinese manufacturer. The leather bits do not look and feel like the typical Wickett & Craig stock.

If there's interest, I can provide more pictures and additional specifications when I find a little more time to go over it with a finer toothed comb.

This is just my second collab peice. I once owned the Filson x Levi's trucker ... I sold it after a couple of years since I was never able to adjust to the clammy-feel of the waxed canvas.
My brother would’ve loved that bag (two of his fav brands) he’s a snowboarder

Pics of the inside would be appreciated

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My brother would’ve loved that bag (two of his fav brands) he’s a snowboarder

Pics of the inside would be appreciated
I think Outside magazine once featured this collaboration. It looked amazing in their photo.

speedy611

Reaction score

Interesting find. I’d be happy to hear more. I know @OtterMeanGreen was looking for one of these so I’m sure he’d be pleased to get some detail too.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GzStudio

Reaction score
I’ve been using the original heavy (non-aev) tin 256 for the last week and a half. Love it. This is one I’ve kept as mine since 2015 or so. Have the medium and small duffle that I consider mine as well. All bulletproof.

singjai

Reaction score
Daily use (briefcase) vs occasional use (medium duffle) I bought both of these in December 2016. Crazy how much the briefcase is changing!
If I didn’t have my bags in front of me, I’d swear these were mine lol. I have a daily 257 that looked just like it ( just waxed today for the first time) and an occasional med duffel that still looks new. Both tan

Kwaker

Reaction score
I've attached more pics of the luggage. It's in really good shape and has no mustiness .. then again, its probably only 4/5 years old (there's no build tag). I picked it up from an American ex-pat now living here in the Toronto area.

Unlike the run of the mill Burton Flight Deck, this Filson variant features the following added touches:
- wool divider
- functional exterior compression straps
- Cobra quick-release buckles (overkill for luggage, but a nod to the overbuilt characteristics of many of our Filson pieces)

front&back.JPG
inside.JPG
inside2.jpg
buckle.JPG

speedy611

Reaction score
@Kwaker - congrats, that’s a very nice and unusual piece. Thanks for all the extra pics. It looks very well organized inside.

Topic jump - vintage Filson garment dating: do I read this as October 1994? (9410)
20A27C22-EB73-4D76-BCB0-57DC4756473A.jpeg

What’s the 3251 for?

bucky0486

Reaction score
@Kwaker - congrats, that’s a very nice and unusual piece. Thanks for all the extra pics. It looks very well organized inside.

Topic jump - vintage Filson garment dating: do I read this as October 1994? (9410)
View attachment 1238590

What’s the 3251 for?
That’s the right date. I don’t remember when they switched from YYMM to MMYY, but the early 90s stuff has the year first.

mgrennier

Reaction score

View attachment 1238590

What’s the 3251 for?
Your Filson garment was produced on September 4, 1910. I believe that C.C. himself may have worn it....

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.