• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On my ranger pack I’ve found that if you just flip the D-rings around they don’t slip.

Thank you! I had read this in a review once. But wasn't sure what it meant exactly. Could you please elaborate? The relative positions of the two D-rings seem fixed so wasn't sure if you meant twisting the rings so they face inward (to the pack)?

pnwprice

Reaction score
Thank you! I had read this in a review once. But wasn't sure what it meant exactly. Could you please elaborate? The relative positions of the two D-rings seem fixed so wasn't sure if you meant twisting the rings so they face inward (to the pack)?

Just flip them upside down!

Attachments

• 861904E3-B0D8-4076-B13F-07C0BFBD8BCC.jpeg
    861904E3-B0D8-4076-B13F-07C0BFBD8BCC.jpeg
    373.4 KB · Views: 89

Wandering

Reaction score
I've ordered the small Pullman and will weigh it against the rolling (updated version) carry-on. These have much in common as they are the only two Rugged twill organised carry-on (plane travel dimensions) that are currently available. Organised, as in 'opening flat' and with inside straps.

If anyone wants to know something in particular, ask away.

ClaytonWesley

Reaction score
I am new to the small Pullman myself. Only one trip so far. A week's worth of clothes. No pants, since it was vacation. I also didnt pack any shoes in it. I thought it was great. I have no regrets so far. I go to San Antonio in September, so I will be able to comment more on any airport issues and carrying it on.

ClaytonWesley

Reaction score
I have completed my first pass through the entire thread. I also put my bags in the spreadsheet today. That was a lot of pages! I learned a lot though!

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are referring to the satchel, yes I have one. It’s a great personal item. My wife loves it. It’s not heavy at all. The biggest problem with this bag is the size. Make sure you look at the measurements and determine if it will be big enough for you. Some will also think it looks a bit like a purse due to its shape and size.
I got too busy and I missed the last day of the sale... wanted to pick up the blue twill duffle too. but yes, the purse shape is what I couldn’t get around. Usually I prefer softer leathers because the shape wouldn’t be too rigid.

I do like the new red mackinaw duffle but I just got 4 bags from the sale...

bucky0486

Reaction score
I was thinking a monthly update with screenshots of the current charts/metrics. I could also include a link to the listing each time. Would anyone be opposed to that? We’re still waiting to have a few of our regulars add their bags. Not point fingers but...

@GzStudio
@Soletrane
@woodsjw
@Stratkat
@nevadabob
@CCF1897
@M635Guy
@Kwaker
@Chupacabra
@bucky0486

Here is the link so there are no excuses ?

Sorry, I've now updated the spreadsheet with our bags. Here's most of them on a recent family-of-four 10-day trip:

unnamed.jpg

Also, are we including leather/suede pouches?

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I've now updated the spreadsheet with our bags. Here's most of them on a recent family-of-four 10-day trip:

View attachment 1212928

I chose not to include mine but I’m not sure it really matters. Thanks for adding your stuff to the list. I plan to post updated statistics at the end of the month.

Epic collection of bags as well. My wife recently asked me for 2 more Filson bags of her own after my otter green rolling carry on got compliments from her girlfriends when then came over.

bucky0486

Reaction score
I chose not to include mine but I’m not sure it really matters. Thanks for adding your stuff to the list. I plan to post updated statistics at the end of the month.

Epic collection of bags as well. My wife recently asked me for 2 more Filson bags of her own after my otter green rolling carry on got compliments from her girlfriends when then came over.

Nice. I got a similar reaction. I convinced my wife to get the navy rolling carry-on for our trip and, once it arrived and she saw the collection we were taking, she said (under her breath in a feeble attempt to not encourage me), "Hmm, we need more blue ones."

Now I have a navy zippered tote on the way for her. ;)

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1212928

Very nice photo. Good to see the old medium duffle alongside the mtb for comparison. (btw I think you listed the duffle as a 325 on the spreadsheet rather than 222). @TinMan3 - I added my new bag to the doc.
I didn’t add my suede pouch either.

Do we risk extending this to clothes? If so I need to plan a day for data entry...

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice photo. Good to see the old medium duffle alongside the mtb for comparison. (btw I think you listed the duffle as a 325 on the spreadsheet rather than 222). @TinMan3 - I added my new bag to the doc.
I didn’t add my suede pouch either.

Do we risk extending this to clothes? If so I need to plan a day for data entry...
I have considered this and I think another tab with clothing would be perfect. I would love to see what other people own in terms of clothes. I often considered starting a new thread for Filson Clothing and Accessories, but like all you guys too much to waste my time elsewhere ;)

You are correct though, I own more pieces of clothing than bags. Though I love them both equally. Lol.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have considered this and I think another tab with clothing would be perfect. I would love to see what other people own in terms of clothes. I often considered starting a new thread for Filson Clothing and Accessories, but like all you guys too much to waste my time elsewhere ;)

You are correct though, I own more pieces of clothing than bags. Though I love them both equally. Lol.

There is actually a Filson clothing thread HERE
That looks like a TANK. How does it carry?

I'm not sure if it was just what I was carrying today, but it actually didn't feel too heavy. Have not fully loaded it yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics