• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that is the meridian. should have metal feet on the bottom I think.
Thanks. You are right. Interestingly there is another pic on the listing showing the Filson cardboard tag, where the bag is called the 72 hr duffle. So it’s probably an early sample before the meridian name was finalized. Same bag though.

GzStudio

Reaction score
Color me a bit confused. That's the 257 - as the tag clearly states it, but it may be missing the extra divider with the extra stash of pockets. It may be just a visual that I'm missing but can I rely on my other 257 experts? Am I seeing this right? Was it a 257 that has already had the other divider removed?

I ask because I'm about ready to pull my extra divider out - it caught my attention.

What do you think? Am I seeing things (or NOT seeing things?) Optical illusion from the angle of the pictures?

it's there in the 3rd picture, but gone in the later one. Appears to have been removed....

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of visibility of the list it appears that the forum software supports html signatures so a link could be added to @TinMan3 signature.

Another thought is it might be worth adding a column to the list as a “for sale” so members looking to swap/change/ etc. could get first dibs. That would probably have to exclude general stock from “power sellers” like GZ and TinMan.
I went ahead and added the link to my signature. I also added a link to my eBay store, since it was so convenient ;). For those wondering, I don't think signatures show up on mobile.

Since this is a collaborative effort, I went ahead and left the Inventory sheet completely unlocked for anyone to change. Feel free to add a column for a for sale indicator, or another sheet entirely for 'for sale or trade' items.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color me a bit confused. That's the 257 - as the tag clearly states it, but it may be missing the extra divider with the extra stash of pockets. It may be just a visual that I'm missing but can I rely on my other 257 experts? Am I seeing this right? Was it a 257 that has already had the other divider removed?

I ask because I'm about ready to pull my extra divider out - it caught my attention.

What do you think? Am I seeing things (or NOT seeing things?) Optical illusion from the angle of the pictures?

I guess I am in the minority of those that absolutely love the #257 extra divider and 3 bottomless pockets. I use the sewn on file divider for my laptop with a piece of thin foam on the bottom of the bag (for padding). The back file divider I use for soft goods so it lays comfortably on my back/hip. For the bottomless dividers I use for my power brick, cords, headphones and mouse. When not in use both compartments and bottomless pockets fold into themselves and I can utilize the wide center for bigger things. There's just tons of versatility with this setup. Sure it might be a little heavier, but we are taking mere ounces not pounds, so I would be surprised if I felt a difference. I don't prefer pouches for cables and such as I greatly enjoy placing my things into their own special pockets (another minority I find myself in around here...pouches). However my gripes are mainly with single pocket pouches with no means of organization. If I were to get any pouch it would be this (someone on here has one I think):

https://www.maxpedition.com/collect...*****-pocket-organizer?variant=12191270371399

IMG_4621.JPG

Last edited:

ClaytonWesley

Reaction score

Yes I removed the divider. It just got in the way and really opens up the bag.

Last edited:

DuckMan_11

Reaction score
I also have a dachshund. He’s my best pal. Here’s a picture of him looking sheepish with my new Pullman shirt ;) View attachment 1208076
I just picked up two Pullman shirts on our trip from the outlet. Got the smoke color one on the way up north and after using it the entire trip in the evenings, picked up the other color ( same as yours) on the way back through.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Filson people. I may have a problem.
I was asked to present to a client in Minneapolis next Thursday. My first thought was: Wait - that's near the Eagan outlet store so of course, I'll present to the client!

Then, the meeting was shortened and our portion has been reduced to a dial-in via video and I am now somewhat deflated...

Is there a 12 step program I should be aware of?

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was asked to present to a client in Minneapolis next Thursday. My first thought was: Wait - that's near the Eagan outlet store so of course, I'll present to the client!

Then, the meeting was shortened and our portion has been reduced to a dial-in via video and I am now somewhat deflated...

Yes you have a problem. Here’s the solution. You travel a lot. Ergo you have air miles. Explain to the client that you will be in the area anyway for “other business”. Fly on your miles, visit Filson, impress your colleagues with your dedication and your client by showing up even though it’s only a short meeting.
And while there, you can pick me up one of those nice shirts that TinMan and someone else just got ;-)

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some awesome links to share with you guys:

Absolutely beautiful First Edition #240 with the first ever seen (by me) Hulk Matter™ on the zipper teeth.

UH OH I just figured out how to type a Trademark symbol....trouble coming :lol:

Red Filson X Nanamica collaboration Open Tote with the first Patina I have ever seen before on these bags and I think they age marvelously, especially the leather!

Emthigious

Reaction score
That's not a 240, is it? I'm asking because I just received my first #240, which is, I believe, the small carry-on bag. My first Otter Green! Liking it so far. Here goes another update to the sheet.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's not a 240, is it? I'm asking because I just received my first #240, which is, I believe, the small carry-on bag. My first Otter Green! Liking it so far. Here goes another update to the sheet.

You're right it's not the #240 but the #242 Large Carry On Bag. The lack of front pockets and carry handle is the dead giveaways and I missed it at first. Maybe I was mesmerized by the one of a kind beauty. Just another fine example of an eBay seller misnaming a Filson.

Maybe the seller got cold feet or second guessed himself as the bag is now "Lost or Broken". So here is that Zipper Hulk Matter™ I was referring to:

zipper matter.PNG

Last edited:

GzStudio

Reaction score

I would have done the same thing you did. I do not have a problem, I can stop anytime I want.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads