• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to try something different this week. I still had my cotton webbed Filson Strap leftover from my #266 that I exchanged with @GzStudio . So I put it to good use on my other Sportsman, the 264. It carries quite comfortably and looks cool contrasted with the Tan Twill.

8F7A78D7-4A8E-4E34-BB5A-189D46DDEBEE.jpeg

Last edited:

huelecama

Reaction score
Does anyone have a large Filson FRD pouch for sale? Specifically looking for the early models that have the "might as well have the best" tag.

Noonan67

Reaction score
I added my bags to the list. Bought my nephew and niece Ranger backpacks today, in black and green. I don't know if I should add them to the list. I came across another thread about the Heavy Tin Thread bags, of which I have a medium duffle. I wish I would have been able to find more models made of this material. If you think the regular bags are tough, check one of them out if you have a chance.

TinMan3

Reaction score
I added my bags to the list. Bought my nephew and niece Ranger backpacks today, in black and green. I don't know if I should add them to the list. I came across another thread about the Heavy Tin Thread bags, of which I have a medium duffle. I wish I would have been able to find more models made of this material. If you think the regular bags are tough, check one of them out if you have a chance.
I would say we should probably limit it to what’s in your household. So kids and wife yes, cousins, dads, aunts, would probably get hard to keep track of. Then again, I’m not going to stop you so it’s your call. I see the purpose of the list as something that we can see cool metrics on but also something to give new people an idea of who has what and ask questions about specific bags. So all that to say if you think you will be able to track their progress and report back, you may want to add them.

On your heavy tin comment. I got a heavy tin workshop bag a couple of days ago and am very impressed. It’s a 261 tote and just wow it is a monster. I meant to sell it as I love my talon 261 but I’m getting that feeling that I may have to make some tough decisions. Lol

Noonan67

Reaction score
I just meant because I bought them. I wish I could find a heavy tin briefcase or sportsman's bag. I took my medium duffle on an 19 day cross country trip a few years ago. I had that, my 257, and sportsman's bag and it was probably more than I needed to take. If you come across any of those heavy tin bags and want to sell them please message me.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I had a Uncle as cool as you, would've been nice to have a Filson backpack as a school bag throughout the years. I didn't go the same route as say my sister, buying a new backpack before every school year. She used one of those quintessential LL Bean backpacks with her initials from grade school all throughout college. Never knew nylon produced such rich patina until I saw hers. I'll have to snap a photo next time I see her with it.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Not a Filson

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tags still attached (but used) First Edition #264 Tan Compartment Case. Notice the Strap Mounting Points, they are on the outside of the exterior side pockets, unlike mine which are mounted on the inside of the exterior pockets. Lots of "Hulk Matter" too. Beautiful leather. I like this version a little better, as my 2nd edition doesn't allow for easy access to the exterior side pockets, as the D-Ring mounting points are intrusive, so I don't really store anything in there that's not flat. The version below is like most Filson's I've seen and I'm not sure why Filson changed it.

264 first.PNG

My #264 2nd Edition, which allegedly was owned by the CFO of Filson, but the story as yet to be described to me.

IMG_3653.JPG

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My tin cloth hat got a hell of a workout over the weekend. It protected my dome and ears while I was replacing some bad boards on my deck and laying down some stain. Hot work...

mgrennier

Reaction score
My tin cloth hat got a hell of a workout over the weekend. It protected my dome and ears while I was replacing some bad boards on my deck and laying down some stain. Hot work...
I have one of those (two in fact), I find it to be too damn hot in the summertime... Wasn't it hot?

speedy611

Reaction score
I have one of those (two in fact), I find it to be too damn hot in the summertime... Wasn't it hot?
Agreed. Tin packer is surprisingly hot and gets sweaty quite easily. I actually just missed out on a eBay auction where I had hoped to get a second one. I was intending to wash it to remove as much of the wax as possible and then use it as my summer hat. Oh well.

Rymanocerous

Reaction score
Question on the list - How are we going to keep it from getting lost in pages of this thread so we can frequently reference it?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.