• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nevadabob

Reaction score
$85 is a small price to pay for a left-handed hammer. Still looking for that perfect lh vacuum cleaner, though. Shark has one decent model.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s factually true that Filson makes some of their collaborations in house. That’s all OMG was saying.

Glad someone noticed my point.

Stratkat

Reaction score
It’s factually true that Filson makes some of their collaborations in house. That’s all OMG was saying.
Didn’t imply that they didnt. Just not a fan of collaborative product.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
exactly my point. i am willing to pay a little more for quality stuff made by filson. but i dont buy stuff filson rebrands with markup.. like your camp chair, or my estwing hammers.
my wife does because she doesnt realize she can get stuff elsewhere and go looking. but theyre gifts, so i am not going to complain. she got me mittens.. 150 at filson, but the same ones are available for a lot less from the actual manufacturer, frost river. and that's why filson does it.. they catch those who dont know for an easy profit. and isnt that the name of the game... easy profit?
I once bought a “Filson” fly fishing net. Holy crap it was the worst thing I ever bought. The logo was stamped on it kind of crooked, the rubber net smelled like crap (and the smell never came out). The wood wasn’t even that high quality.

I tried to air it out and get rid of the smell but finally just gave up on the damn thing. Should have sent it back but I was too pissed and too busy to bother. Left it in a condo somewhere.

Worst collaboration by Filson ever.

Bought it at a steep discount and it wasn’t even worth that.

FilsonDude

Reaction score

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone place how old this Mackinaw Cruiser is and what the fit is like (Alaskan or Seattle)? The seller bought it from an Estate Sale and he has no idea. It looks lighter then the traditional Mackinaw Wool.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113724481842?ul_noapp=true

nevadabob

Reaction score
That looks like a whipcord cruiser/jacket than anything else.

That's kind of the-one-that-got-away for me. I had almost oulled the trigger on one, then they doscontinued 'em.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone place how old this Mackinaw Cruiser is and what the fit is like (Alaskan or Seattle)? The seller bought it from an Estate Sale and he has no idea. It looks lighter then the traditional Mackinaw Wool.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113724481842?ul_noapp=true

Looking particularly at the back view I’d suggest it’s the Alaska fit as it’s quite boxy and not very fitted. Also 24 inches pit to pit is pretty square cut.
As you say - not mackinaw wool, more like a durable twill - ie cotton.
The label in the photo has numbers - they look to me like phone numbers that have been distributed into the white space of the label. Give em a call!!

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard or seen one of these before? It's brand new but by the looks of it, also old. It has several "Might As Well Have The Best" insignia's, one is even on a leather patch.

It's called The Mack Wool Ranch Jacket

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Filson-mac...110884?hash=item3b2fce2a64:g:kC8AAOSwOdlcugY9
That’s a good looking jacket. I’d be bidding on it if I were stateside. One bid so far - anyone here? Otter - you could possibly grab a bargain - with your slender frame that cut would suit you well.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a good looking jacket. I’d be bidding on it if I were stateside. One bid so far - anyone here? Otter - you could possibly grab a bargain - with your slender frame that cut would suit you well.

I thought about it but the cut looks to be too short, like Short Cruiser kind of short. I am actually possibly looking into this one. So I guess the same question applies. I have no idea if a size 40 would fit me, as I don't own anything to compare it to with number sizes. Is this an Alaskan or Seattle Fit, build tag is partially covered so I can't tell what the build date is. I'm terrible with Filson Garment Tags. Any idea guys?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FILSON-Mac...122575?hash=item3b2fce580f:g:xUQAAOSwa9dcugl7

Last edited:

CCF1897

Reaction score
I th
I thought about it but the cut looks to be too short, like Short Cruiser kind of short. I am actually possibly looking into this one. So I guess the same question applies. I have no idea if a size 40 would fit me, as I don't own anything to compare it to with number sizes. Is this an Alaskan or Seattle Fit, build tag is partially covered so I can't tell what the build date is. I'm terrible with Filson Garment Tags. Any idea guys?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FILSON-Mac...122575?hash=item3b2fce580f:g:xUQAAOSwa9dcugl7
I think they changed the label inside around 2013. My single Mac has the same label as this coat and it is from 2012 my double Mac from 2014 has a different label. The Alaskan style in 2012 was “10043FJ” at least that is the style on my single and its Alaskan. The Filson tags are exactly the same as mine came with also. I can’t make out the build tag though. Good luck.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I th

I think they changed the label inside around 2013. My single Mac has the same label as this coat and it is from 2012 my double Mac from 2014 has a different label. The Alaskan style in 2012 was “10043FJ” at least that is the style on my single and its Alaskan. The Filson tags are exactly the same as mine came with also. I can’t make out the build tag though. Good luck.

Thanks CCF. That was a very informative response. I can't say I would still be interested if it is Seattle Fit. I heard back from the seller, although the listing has ended and luckily no bids placed. Here is a closeup of the build tag, which I requested in a private message, along with the juicy details. So what do you think now, given the new information? Thanks!! @GzStudio I believe you have the seattle fit Mackinaw Cruiser, what does your build tag look like?

Mack tag.jpg

MESSAGE FROM SELLER

mack seller.PNG

Last edited:

CCF

Reaction score
Yall seen the new color "Root" on the medium duffle and 256? I kinda like it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads