• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

heq206

Reaction score
Urghh. If I ever find a nice Filson travel bag, I’ll take a great pic of it next to my otter green FJ Cruiser with a few firearms (mostly NFA modern stuff and some interesting pistols). Maybe a Barbour jacket artfully stages nonchalantly in the background.

Nice, love the army green FJ! I'd love to see photos of your FJ (and Filson bags). :)

I was actually supposed to get a 2019 4Runner TRD Pro in white this month - I put my deposit a few months ago. However, at the Chicago Auto Show last month, Toyota announced that the new TRD Pro exclusive color for 2020 will be army green! So, I cancelled my deposit and told the dealer I want the 2020 Army Green 4Runner TRD Pro! It's going to be a long wait!

Finally, getting rid of my Sienna minivan after 10 years. lol. I wanted the FJ back in the day. But, I knew my wife and I would be starting a family and an FJ wasn't as "practical" of vehicle.

Once I do get my 4Runner in army green, I'll take a photo of it with my otter green Filson gear.

Cheers!

Last edited:

johnnymiz

Reaction score
@johmnymiz- they were the newer guns and were amazing. The O/U was 32” and reached like nothing I’ve shot before. So smooth to the shoulder and on high birds was a very natural movement. Ive always been a Beretta guy myself. I’ve got a custom DT-11 that is 32” and I love that gun but if I’m being honest there is no comparison. The O/U was screw in and I was shooting IC and MOD and the SxS was fixed. I’m not a huge sxs fan but I have a lot of respect for the guys that do it. I just never got into it. Maybe someday. I’ll take some better pictures next time as the ones I took do not really do the justice. Talk about works of art that perform to the best ability of anything I’ve ever handled before.

DT-11 is an awesome piece of equipment. But at more than 3x the cost of your not-inexpensive Beratta, the Purdey SHOULD be amazing, no? one of those things.. you get what you pay for.
i like Beretta.. i have a much more pedestrian 686 Silver Pigeon sporting with 32s.. and it is Very nice, so i would expect you to love your DT11. i started with a SxS, so i am comfortable with either.... i used a Remington 1894 C grade with 30" fixed steel barrels and double triggers for trap for a few years. 115 year old high grade was a bit too nice a gun for trap, but it is what i had so i went with it.... had to use RST low pressure shells so i wouldnt risk blowing it up. thats why i got the SP o/u... give the old girl a rest.

Last edited:

Davey13

Reaction score
Nice, love the army green FJ! I'd love to see photos of your FJ (and Filson bags). :)

I was actually supposed to get a 2019 4Runner TRD Pro in white this month - I put my deposit a few months ago. However, at the Chicago Auto Show last month, Toyota announced that the new TRD Pro exclusive color for 2020 will be army green! So, I cancelled my deposit and told the dealer I want the 2020 Army Green 4Runner TRD Pro! It's going to be a long wait!

Finally, getting rid of my Sienna minivan after 10 years. lol. I wanted the FJ back in the day. But, I knew my wife and I would be starting a family and an FJ wasn't as "practical" of vehicle.

Once I do get my 4Runner in army green, I'll take a photo of it with my otter green Filson gear.

Cheers!

More than one photo please. That army green is going to be something special.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Filson-x-E...719337?hash=item3b2c6270a9:g:8dUAAOSwmfhb9itg

This is pretty cool. It's a Filson Ballard Calvary Twill jacket. I've never seen or heard of this before

Ballard.PNG

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FilsonDude

Reaction score

FilsonDude

Reaction score
I’ve seen a couple in the last 6 months. They typically go for about $500 at auction so you aren’t the only one in the search apparently!

Bit too steep for my bag budget.

I’ll just have to wait for the next collaboration.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit too steep for my bag budget.

I’ll just have to wait for the next collaboration.

This may not be a collaboration, but they're both excellent examples of 1990's Talon Era Rucksacks, and you can choose between Tan or Otter Green. Sold by our very own @GzStudio . Both are in non-patinated condition.

Otter Green:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Filson-Vin...:p~wAAOSwNphb6idr:sc:USPSPriority!08087!US!-1

Tan:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Filson-Vin...:-C4AAOSw0ylcRQRt:sc:USPSPriority!08087!US!-1

nevadabob

Reaction score
Filson started putting rivets in the handles of field satchels in Y2K, so the one on The Ebay was most likely made this century.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filson started putting rivets in the handles of field satchels in Y2K, so the one on The Ebay was most likely made this century.

Yeah I really don’t know enough about those. The strap underside is definitely sueded so that puts it at the Talon Era, so pre 2003

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads