• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Filsom (and others) dusters.

bobm

Reaction score
I posted this about a week or so ago and for some reason, the post got deleted.?
Anyhow, do "dusters" - those long western style raincoats look awful on those of us shorter guys (5'7") or can we get away with it? Here's one from Filson for illustration purposes.

http://www.filson.com/products/shelt...r-header-10014

BOB

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably got deleted because there's a thread for single questions like this.

The answer is that there's no answer to your question. It all depends on the person and the proportions. I suggest you either post pics of yourself in such a jacket, or buy a short version of the coat in question. You could also buy regular size and have it tailored.

Do you really not know this?

bobm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Probably got deleted because there's a thread for single questions like this.

The answer is that there's no answer to your question. It all depends on the person and the proportions. I suggest you either post pics of yourself in such a jacket, or buy a short version of the coat in question. You could also buy regular size and have it tailored.

Do you really not know this?

Ok, sorry, not aware about any such thread for "single" questions. Where might that area be?
Anyhow, I'm 57 y/o and about 180 - broad shoulder, fairly muscular - still could stand to lose 5 lbs.
Nope, didn't yet buy one for the same reason I am asking here, have a feeling such a long coat, makes short guys look even shorter. But, I do like the informal look as well as the rugged protection from the rain, and was considering just what you suggested - get it tailored/shortened a few inches.

Bob

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 66 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 126 33.2%