1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Filenes basement, avon celli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pink22m, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

I am away at grad school in Chicago, and have completed my checkout of the second Filenes Basement in the area. There were a couple items that caught my attention, and I wanted to get fellow forum members opinions on them.

The first item I saw that I liked (despite the brand) was a Nautica navy blue topcoat. I don't care for Nautica as a brand at all, but the topcoat wasn't bad for $200. I know you can spend alot more on a topcoat, and this one was nice looking. The only problem was that they didn't seem to have my size, as I am a 36R, and they only had a single 36S. I tried the short on, but the sleeves were a tad short. The other Filenes Basement on Madison Street (I think) turned up no 36R either. Does anyone know if Filenes can ship merchandise from other stores? Does this sound like something which could be located at another Filenes in the country?

The second item (or items) I saw today were some beautiful cashmere sweaters from Avon Celli. I was curious to get everyone's opinion on the company. I know they are probably not in the same league as a Loro Piana or Brunello Cucinelli, but are they fairly high up on the cashmere quality hierarchy? Many were around $200-300, marked down from their original prices of $400-$500. Your input is appreciated, thanks.

2. housemaidsknee

housemaidsknee Senior member

i'm not the one to answer your questions about quality but i do know that if you wait till after christmas, you can get the same cashmere at much lower prices.

3. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

In my opinon, Avon Celli is indeed in the same league as Cucinelli and Loro Piana.

edit: my wife actually prefers the styling of A.Celli, the slim, fitted sweaters and cardigans.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yep. Personally, I prefer Malo.

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

The last Robb Report Best of the Best I saw ('03?) named Avon Celli as best for knits.