• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fil Melange

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are peep's thoughts on these tees?
How do they fit?
Do you own any?
Worth the price?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
What are peep's thoughts on these tees?
How do they fit?
Do you own any?
Worth the price?

Best value out there if you're going to pay that much for sweats and tees. I have one t-shirt and I love it, and look forward to buying more. They have some great little details on some of their stuff as well. I have the dizzy tee in Irish Navy. I'm generally a size small, and I take a 3 in all the Fil Melange i've tried on. I'm 5'10" 145 lbs about 38 chest.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the tees I have of theirs. Like, love. IMO, they are a little too steep in price for what you get (basics), but luckily I got mine at a heavy discount.

End of the day - amazing stuff, but really pricey.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got in the mail from Barney's a Fil Melange style Dizzy T - great T but since it's a Japanese brand I sized up one to a L - a mistake - Here are the measurements before I send it back:

shoulder seam to shoulder seam - 19 inches
sleeve length from outer sleeve - 8.5
pit 2 pit - 22
length - 27

S-Town

Reaction score
I made the same mistake before I realized Barneys uses their own sizing scheme to match their standard. so, look at the barneys sizing chart, and order according to that.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by S-Town
I made the same mistake before I realized Barneys uses their own sizing scheme to match their standard. so, look at the barneys sizing chart, and order according to that.

The shirt was tagged 6. And now they are sold out of what I want. Opening Ceremony has the style - I just hope that they size the same as barneys since I need an M

S-Town

Reaction score
I think opening ceremony labels them with their actual tagged size. if you call barneys, they might have additional stock at one of the stores. a sales rep can look in there system and get it shipped to you.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I wear a small in American Apparel, Alternative Apparel, etc. A 3 corresponds to a size small for me. A 4 would be a medium, 5 large, 6 X-Large. I think some websites label 3 a X-Small, and a 4 a small. In my opinion 3 is closer to a slim small. I have two shirts, the "brown tee" and the "dizzy tee." Both in a 3. The dizzy tee fits bigger.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ritchee
The shirt was tagged 6. And now they are sold out of what I want. Opening Ceremony has the style - I just hope that they size the same as barneys since I need an M

A medium is a 4, at most a 5.

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that I've read that Fil Melange stuff is inconsistent and varies in size. By this I mean that each t-shirt will be a slight bit different. I'm pretty certain that I read this but am not going to bother looking it up. Ordering it online can be a bit of a gamble without measurements listed.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by S-Town
Measurements, straight from the source:

http://translate.google.com/translat...%26prmd%3Divns

Hey thanks, I was looking at their site a few hours ago figuring out the sizes on the Dizzy-Tee. And I love the translations. Here it is for the sunny T

Native to Brazil, Xinjiang (Turfan), white-bred super-long cotton "Oh Linda Cotton," a bespoke stages of cotton, spinning hand access code is 編Mi上Geta soft fabric jersey circular knitting machine for body parts. Ranger Phil's permanent memory standard is a great comfort unchanged. The most popular pocket with a pocket T-skew, "SUNNY" is a simple crew neck T-shirt is a classic permanent memory Ranger Phil. Has varied by a few millimeters each year silhouette.

S-Town

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with their sweatshirts??? I imagine they are ridiculously soft.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads