• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FIH - ugliest tie knot ever?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^

A mug like that calls for a 4IH knot.

Originally Posted by Patrician
Bad boy Fidel, baad booy. The 4iH is really the only tie knot you can use when you're not wearing a suit.

I thought you were a bright man. I was wrong.

You actually wear different knots based on whether or not you're wearing a suit? Where does this rule come from? Are you ghost-writing for Manton?
patch[1].gif

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Uuurhghgh. Please stop posting pictures of this guy, I nearly projectile vomited on my keyboard.

Boo hisss, Charles 'for the win'. Some super posts of his great ties to come later today.

Azure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Symmetric knots go well with short sleeve shirts and clip-on ties.

--Andre

Short sleeve? Let me tell you something about short sleeve.. If I got to a bank meeting ( I´m directive)
and see one Director who is wearing a short sleeve shirt.. I leave the office and go to another one.

If he is unable to dress properly,How is he gonna handle millions of euros?

My two cents

By the way I only tie FIH or derivates as Victoria or a FIH quite similar to half windsor. I hate full one

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Uuurhghgh. Please stop posting pictures of this guy, I nearly projectile vomited on my keyboard.

Nah, his knots are sick. It's to be expected, isn't his job basically to dress up all the time?

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Nah, his knots are sick. It's to be expected, isn't his job basically to dress up all the time?

He does quite a bit more, but he's good at dressing up nevertheless.

It's tie time!

Royal Air Force

Charles1.jpg

Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment

Charles2.jpg

Probably the Royal Air Force cap badge

Charles6.jpg

Charles7.jpg

Royal Navy or Staffordshire Regiment

Charles9.jpg

I have no idea

Charles3.jpg

Hard to tell

Charles4.jpg

Not regimental

Charles5.jpg

Charles8.jpg

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
Short sleeve? Let me tell you something about short sleeve.. If I got to a bank meeting ( I´m directive)
and see one Director who is wearing a short sleeve shirt.. I leave the office and go to another one.

If he is unable to dress properly,How is he gonna handle millions of euros?

I refuse to let doctor's who wear square-toe shoes treat me in the ER.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac

Facial reconstruction surgery should be his top priority.

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
As you wish.

IMG_2774_princess_anne_leicester_650.jpg

- B

Errr . . . B., methinks you got the royalty right but the wrong surgical subspecialty . . . That's a hand orthopaedic surgeon. That said, one of my plastic surgeon pals has given up booby and face jobs and went exclusively hand as his plastic surgical identity. Sigh, the world of ever evolving specificity . . .

I get the idea though.

- M

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
The sheer assymetry of the FIH knot just repulses me. Am I the only one who feels this way?

i like the FIH knot for me it is the manliest knot. just quick, no fuss, assymetrical but so what. the windsor and double windsor whatever you call them are too big and equilateral and thus dandyish for me.

ive seen some photo shots of models in suits wearing four in hand knots and in certain outfits it is ideal i think

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i like the FIH knot for me it is the manliest knot. just quick, no fuss, assymetrical but so what. the windsor and double windsor whatever you call them are too big and equilateral and thus dandyish for me.
WTF? Too dandyish for SF???

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the asymmetry, but it annoys me that a four-in-hand often ends up twisting during the day. Most people probably don't even realize that their tie is twisting a little bit, but I am a bit obsessive and it bugged me. So I only wear a four-in-hand with a collar pin that holds the tie in place. The rest of the time I wear a pratt, which doesn't twist and generally creates the best dimple. I hardly ever notice anyone else's tie knot, however, so I have nothing against other people wearing a four-in-hand.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
How is he gonna handle millions of euros? My two cents
Which will he be handling? Millions of Euros or your two cents?
rimshot.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads